Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cindy Sheehan

[ QUOTE ]
    I think what Tim is getting at is, every American has the right to free speech.

Your free speech is granted to you by the blood and sweat and sacrifice of the men and women who fought and fight to protect it.

They EARNED it. You and others get to run your pie holes for free on their backs. I hope you all appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right,according to his statement only those in the military or who have children in the military are those who EARNED it.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Really? I didn't realize you served in the military. My apologies.

Because if you haven't served or sent your children to fight, then this right was granted to you, not earned by you.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what about those whose parents,grandparents,etc ....served and fought and died for it.I guess those don't count? Since it wasn't them or their children??? [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      for exercising her 1st ammendment right that she has more than earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

7th Son, how has she "earned" her 1st amendment right? By being an American or having a son that served in the military?

I hope you mean by being an American, just like ANY OTHER American citizen.

If you believe that PARENTS of servicemembers have additional rights, I am curious who granted those. Do parents of convicted criminals have fewer rights, then? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

This is ultra-liberal crapola but, in light of this thread, I found it mildly amusing nonetheless...

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Wow,that sounds way out there to me,so when exactly did the First Ammendment get changed to only people who are in the military have the right to free speech????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

My point, which you missed entirely, was that you didn't EARN it. You were GIVEN it by the brave men and women that serve and served.

[ QUOTE ]
          Oh, and I guess all the blood my family spilled in Vietnam,Korea,WWII even the Civil War doesn't give me the right either?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what GIVES you the right. Unless you served you didn't EARN it IMO. So I have't earned the right and feel very fortunate that I have it. Because without that right I probably couldn't be having this delightful little pissing match with you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
          Sorry to inform you but if you are in the USA you have the right ..."earned" or "granted"

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. What a great country! Once again, a toast goes out to Stuka, LPC, MHalsey, and the millions of others that have provided and protected our rights. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

7th Son, how has she "earned" her 1st amendment right? By being an American or having a son that served in the military?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I can strike that comment if you wish.

You're right, she didn't "earn" it the way Tim and Stuka are referring to, but she did raise a son who was an altar boy, an Eagle Scount and a church youth group leader. So in that regards, she deserves our thanks for raising a son to have the type of character to voluntarily serve our country and be willing to pay the ultimate sacrifice to safeguard our freedoms...

...as opposed to someone that sells crack on the corner (for example).
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              for exercising her 1st ammendment right that she has more than earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean by being an American, just like ANY OTHER American citizen.

If you believe that PARENTS of servicemembers have additional rights, I am curious who granted those. Do parents of convicted criminals have fewer rights, then? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

My point exactly,she is the same as anyone else,whether or not her ADULT son made an ADULT decision to join the military.She is NOT more special than any other person,and certainly should not recieve any special attention because of it.There are 2000 other sets of grieving parents out there,and many of them may or may not agree with what she's doing,but they aren't out there being a media whore and belching out political statements due to the death of their children.

Those are the people I respect,much more so than this flake.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Because without that right I probably couldn't be having this delightful little pissing match with you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Indeed. What a great country! Once again, a toast goes out to Stuka, LPC, MHalsey, and the millions of others that have provided and protected our rights. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 Agreed. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Those are the people I respect,much more so than this flake.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Cindy Sheehan's son would NOT have wanted her to be such a traitorous America-hating @#&$%*!! He would, however, wanted us to denounce his mother as vitriolically as possible!"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It would be one thing if she stated her point using facts or what she believes are facts, but clearly she is not. If someone wants to be the spokesman (Or spokeswoman) for a cause, then be prepared to have your comments scrutenized and fact-checked.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      She lost her son in a war, facts are probably the last thing on her mind and considering her son paid the ultimate price for what may or may not be a bad idea on our military leader's parts, I think she has every right to say it. At the same time what she doesn't realize is by saying these things she is insulting the other soldiers that served with her son. I am sure this isn't even registering with her. She is hurt, she is angry, she is a mother so while I don't think many would agree with what she is saying at least up front, I'd rather show a little respect to a woman who raised a son who died protecting our freedoms, good idea or not. I may never agree with the decision to go to Iraq but I have friends who are serving over there, one who is a sniper and you will NEVER here me say anything but the highest praise for these guys who do something I never would have the strength to do. And thats all I have to say on this subject.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        She's earned the right to say whatever the fuck she wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

And so do we.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I didn't realize you served in the military. My apologies.

Because if you haven't served or sent your children to fight, then this right was granted to you, not earned by you.

And to those that have and do serve, THANK YOU. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow,that sounds way out there to me,so when exactly did the First Ammendment get changed to only people who are in the military have the right to free speech????????????

Oh, and I guess all the blood my family spilled in Vietnam,Korea,WWII even the Civil War doesn't give me the right either?

Sorry to inform you but if you are in the USA you have the right ..."earned" or "granted"

[/ QUOTE ] I think what Tim is getting at is, every American has the right to free speech.

Your free speech is granted to you by the blood and sweat and sacrifice of the men and women who fought and fight to protect it.

They EARNED it. You and others get to run your pie holes for free on their backs. I hope you all appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Cindy runs HER piehole for free on those backs. By your lights her loss shouldn't mean a thing. She never served and opposed her son's service.

Too bad she doesn't care about her LIVING son, who's begging her to come home. Or her husband, who's divorcing here becasue she's going too far with this. I feel for her but she's been coopted by the liberal propaganda machine. They'll toss her aside when they've used her up. Maybe her family will forgive her then; I hope so...
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If it hasnt been said already. If crime fighters fight crime and firefighters fight fire what is it that freedom fighters are fighting? The lady has lost, but what do you expect from someone that has lost a child. Her husband has left her and her life has fallen apart. I dont agree with the war either, but not for one moment will I talk down about those having to fight it.

Comment

I just read the first page of this thread, but wow! Its surprisingly civil. Usually this stuff turns into shouting matches but everybody has been pretty level headed and actually debating instead of arguing....although, maybe I should read the next couple of pages before I pass judgement!

Comment

Man, them tube modelling amps suck... That's right... They suck...

Comment

My heart goes out for Mrs. Sheehan and her indescribable loss. I can't agree with her actions, especially allowing Moore and Al Sharpton to jump on the media bandwagon, but she's a person who's grieving and angry.

Let her have her say, then go home and hopefully her family, whether they agree with her or not, get to the healing process.
                                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                                X