Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-in-1 Credit Report & Score Monitoring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-in-1 Credit Report & Score Monitoring...

Anyone using this credit monitoring from any of the reporting agencies?

I've gotten my free reports, and fixed two problems. Looking at monitoring the stuff for a while and bing able to look into my reports at will.

Experian is the cheapest at $4.96 a month.

Transunion seems the best though... But 29.99 setup and 9.99 a month, probably more comprehensive?

Not sure about Equifax, although it seems they are the main guys...

Any input or thoughts?

Re: 3-in-1 Credit Report & Score Monitoring...

I review roughly 200 credit reports per day to make sure my Finance Managers aren't missing anything(sales) and I can tell you that there are many instances where one provider will have much different information than another.

Just today at one of our dealerships a fellow who has been bankrupt three times drove off in a new Nissan Titan Club Cab 4x4. His credit issues reported all over Equifax, but because his Trans Union was clean, we were able to run him through another bank who only looks at TU.

It's a neat glitch for us and him. This often happens in the reverse as well. Sometimes checking your report and finding errors such as this can be a bonus.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I think you (Jimmy B) remember when I posted about the bank fucking up my credit.

had I not viewed my credit report, I wouldn't have found out about the bank.

On top of that, there was a law passed, that let's everyone get a copy of their credit report FREE every (year?). I'm not sure if you can get them from each provider. Some places, aren't until the end of this year, but I believe everyone should be able to view their credit reports by the end of 2k5.

Comment

John,

The new laws allow you 1 report from weach agency free each year
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          John,

The new laws allow you 1 report from weach agency free each year

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I just did that here:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Squeeky clean too! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

THank for the input guys. I did get my free reports as I mentioned. That is how I found the two mistakes. Just curious if anyone was using the report monitoring services, and if it was worthy of the expenditure, and if they stay pretty current on what you can view.

I'd sure like to see how correcting the mistakes help my FICO score. I'll have to pay again for it I guess.

Comment

Don't close your credit card accounts. That hurts your credit score. Keep them at a zero balance only. Also, every time someone accesses your credit report, it lessens your score. Anything that lies dormant in your credit history (closed accounts, a collection, etc) stays there for 7 years and then it's exponged. I'm not sure about a bankruptcy though...

It may be viewable forever...

Here is a FICO score simulator:

http://www.providian.com/cmc/fico_si...htm#bestAction

Comment

Pretty cool simulator... Interesting.

And getting a Providian Card, gives you access to your current FICO score. Hmmm.. Pretty cool...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Pretty cool simulator... Interesting.

And getting a Providian Card, gives you access to your current FICO score. Hmmm.. Pretty cool...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have a Providian Card and I get that as well

Comment

Working...
                  X