Color scheme opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color scheme opinions

What pickups do you think would look better with a trans red finish over flamed maple: black, zebra, or double creme? Also, black or creme rings? Let me know, and if anyone has pics of some examples, that would be fabulous.

Re: Color scheme opinions

I say black. (Sorry, no pics...)
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Black is kinda the standard, but the hell with the standard! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think double Creme might stand out a little too much, maybe not in a good way, but hell if I know, I need pics too. I think the Zebra would look the best, 2nd goes to Black. What are ya putting them in?

Comment

IMO, depends what kind of fingerboard wood you've got. If maple, I'd say creme rings and either creme or zebra pups would look better. If rosewood or ebony, I'd go with black rings and either black or zebra pups.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Double creme with creme bezels. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I have a pic, sort of...

Comment

OK, just for shits and giggles, let's say I would be putting them into a trans red 750xl. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I would be putting them into a trans red 750xl. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Depends on the other hardware color too. I tried playing around quickly with the various options in the CS Generator with a red flame finish on a Firebird body... the creme pickups and creme bezels looked the best, but also creme pickups with black bezels looked unusually cool.

GONZO EDIT OF DOOM: Dammit, Veli beat me to it... I was playing around with the Generator too long and didn't type a reply fast enough. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yah, that looks pretty freakin cool too.

Comment

Oh yeah, black hardware, too. And let's just say for more shits and more giggles that it's a string thru.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Oh yeah, black hardware, too. And let's just say for more shits and more giggles that it's a string thru.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Edit: Why is it so freakin' small?!! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Double fucking cream bitches!!! (I'm Rick James too)
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

All right, so I'm leaning towards double zebra or double black. Anyone else?

Comment

My vote: Zebra pickups, Creme rings. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Class without being too sterile.

Comment

Zebra pups, black bezels. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X