Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Orleans bands

two pages and noone mentioned Crowbar yet ? ;o

exhorder - it's cool that someone mentioned them - really good band.

Down's also really good .

ah... they also have the Superjoint Ritual there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I sold Dino Kruse a '65 Tele mutt back in 1991. I think Dino is jamming with Hendrix and Stevie Ray now. He was a real character.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Ol' Dino has to be in his mid to late 50's by now. I bought some stuff from him when I was too young to know any better. The guy actually would swap parts he wanted off guitars that he would agree to sell on commission (and then act innocent after being questioned). Had to keep hounding him to recover parts of mine he stole. Did this to a few people I knew also. I showed him a vintage strat one time - and without asking, this self absorbed dickhead proceeds to cut the strings and pull the neck off to check the mfg. date. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

I was too shocked that someone was this rude and insensitive to other's stuff. If he tried that now, he would get the quite the opposite response. He's like the local Ed Roman on a much smaller scale. A real asshole. You may want to avoid him in the future. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I heard that Dino was sick a while back. That is why I think he may have passed on. Let's put it this way, I never here his name anymore so I don't think he is playing out. He may have moved, or he may just be under the radar.

He didn't take my 'Tele apart. But for the price, he just wanted to grab it and run out the door.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I heard that Dino was sick a while back. That is why I think he may have passed on. Let's put it this way, I never here his name anymore so I don't think he is playing out. He may have moved, or he may just be under the radar.

He didn't take my 'Tele apart. But for the price, he just wanted to grab it and run out the door.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard he got sick awhile back. From what, I dunno. Karma? Its a good possibility. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I bought a few things from him a long time ago. He would pretend that he didn't recognize you when you would run into him at the local music store. He gave the impression that he thought he was some kind of star. I think he had a rough background and wasn't wired right. I was always nice to him, but he was aloof and strictly business while coming across like a used car salesman.

Comment

Working...
        X