(insert your favorite band here) appreciation post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: (insert your favorite band here) appreciation

Debbie Gibson, New Kids on the Block, Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, Menudo,Breastnny Speared, i don't know there's just so many of them to name to be a favorite.
    on a serious note, there is no band that can touch
    The Mosquitos. you know? that band that got stranded on the island with Gilligan and the bunch? the guitar player could tremolo pick better than anyone i've ever heard, and the tunes absolutely floor you.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Paul..The Dicks of Death!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

yeah I got "oppressing the masses" and "torture tactics"!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Zeegs.. Tim Calvery held his own with Loomis..they were tit for tat..not kidding! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vio-lence were great. I had the vinyl EP for Eternal Nightmare, and it came in something called a "vomit bag". It was a clear sleeve filled with extremely realistic looking puke. Well one day it got ripped at the corner, and the vomit started to come out. It smelled suspiciously like real vomit, so I had to get rid of the vomit bag. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

A couple more:

Pantera - Dimebag just plain kicks ass. Far Beyond Driven is probably my favourite, but Vulgar Display never left my car tape deck for over a year when it came out.

Death - Chuck stands alone as the creator and innovator of true death metal. Human, Individual Thought Patterns, and Symbolic are masterpieces.

The Who - Pete Townsend is responsible for the Marshall stack as we know it today. He is one of the best rhythm guitar players ever, and invented the rock opera. My favourite Who album is probably Tommy.

Comment

Zeegs..ewwww..I'm glad I didn't get that Violence album..the bag broke and it smelled and looked like real vomit..ohhh man..Nasty! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Was it Pete Townsend or Jimi that made the Marshall stack famous..I know it was designed for Pete..but I think it was made famous by Jimi..well either way they both hand their hand in it..and that's all that matters to me.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pete Townsend had his hand in what???? Didn't that land him in some trouble a few years back?
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Pretty Boy Floyd and Faster Pussycat, oooo boooyyy, I have no words to describe them....

but L.A. Guns and Love/Hate have made pretty awsome sleazy stuff, great playing too.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha..I have a few words. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

most of the stuff mentioned already +

- RIOT w/ Guy Speranza
                - Diamond Head
                - Angel Witch

- Kate Bush

Comment

"Angel Witch"...an angel witch fan..nice! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Great call on Kate Bush!
                    "The Kick Inside" and "Lionheart" are two of my favourite albums EVER.
                    Back in the 70s, when I was a schoolboy, Kate was the hottest chick on the planet. (Along with Debbie Harry...) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Children of Bodom, they were the tightest live band I've seen and they were the first band I discovered that combined classical music style riffs and metal.
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

COB is a great live band unless your the band following them on stage and have to wade through Alexi's spit. Someone needs to tell the dude to stop that shit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Zeegs..ewwww..I'm glad I didn't get that Violence album..the bag broke and it smelled and looked like real vomit..ohhh man..Nasty! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Was it Pete Townsend or Jimi that made the Marshall stack famous..I know it was designed for Pete..but I think it was made famous by Jimi..well either way they both hand their hand in it..and that's all that matters to me.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jimi was definitely the guy that made Marshall a household name, but the original idea for the "stack" as we know it today, came from Pete. He told Jim that he wanted a huge cabinet with 8 12" speakers. Jim made the cabinet, and Pete then realized that it was too big to lug around, so he said "cut it in half". That is the story as I have heard it anyway. I guess Pete began using Hi-watt stuff soon after that, and Hendrix became known for the Marshall stack.

Comment

yeah Zeegs...that's it!

COB opened for Nevermore last year..

COB was tight and ferocious as hell...a perfect set with a perfect sound..and I was wondering ..how's Nevermore going to follow this..???!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

But within seconds into Nevermore's set..I forgot all about COB... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

COB...GOT SERVED...!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ace made we want to play. Eddie blew my mind and fueled the fire. Along the way Stevie Ray showed me soul and tone were king, Mark Knopfler gave me taste, Gilmour taught me that flash was just that, flash, Satriani and Vai made my fingers bleed and my head slam with frustration, Alex Lifeson intrigued my more artsy side, Eric Johnson reinforced that tone was king and Slash made me pick the fucker up again when I was 18.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Pantera - i think an all time favourite

Suffocation

Slayer

Morbid Angel

Machine head - i practically only listen to burn my eyes so you know ... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X