• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OWNED (Katrina related)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's pretty hard to overturn cars that are under several feet of water

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Have you tried? As long as the windows were rolled up I'm thinking it'd be eaiser to flip it in the water. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm making a fairly educated assumption ......having pulled cars and trucks out of lakes with friends who own tow trucks,yes I can say it is more difficult with the added weight of the water in the car as well as any water covering parts of the outside of the car adding additional weight resistance.

If you've ever driven through flooded areas you would know that having your windows up and doors shut does NOT keep water out of the car.It will find its way in eventually.

Comment

NO Charveldude, you have your points..why get mad or angry?

I wasn't there either..THANK GOODNESS!!!

But I do know about that element and how dangerous it can be..not on that maginitude!!!!!!

But I been there on a MUCH smaller scale ..too many times to count.

so I know a little about .."law enforcement"..because I'm a retired.."cop"..

if I wasn't a "cop"..I may not have these opinions..but I was..and so I do..

can you blame me..???????? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I would probably still believe in God too..because my job robbed me of my faith as well..truth be told.

Yes my job and that daily dose of unwanted reality was "shoved up my ass"..God wasn't lookin' out (i remeber calling to him) ..not for me..not for my partners (RIP) ..not for their families ...not for any of my victims..not for anyone..he was nowhere to be found...he's MIA!

I say this not to offend..but to share my views..and to elighten some to "why" I feel this way..

Bill

I do agree about leaving this board if you have "better" things to do..but I don't...not at the moment.

BTW...you're not pissing "me" off..not at all ..I got some coffee over here..and some new tunes..I'm cool as a cucumber..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Coffee? I could use some right now. I got up at 6am because the $@#$@#!% puppy was yipping to go out and I never went back to sleep.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

well I'm pretty jazzed ...got my Century Media order yesterday...still have about 10 cds to listen to including the new Opeth.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

When can we expect reviews of the new tunes?
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

yes you can...and you know where find it Tim.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Don't think I just want to share all my cynical negativity..

I like to share my Joy too ya know.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                For every armchair sociologist thinking a few Fox news accounts of the situation makes them qualified to blame the entire situation on the welfare state, there are accounts like this one from people who were actually THERE that I have found truely disturbing:

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight...es/006754.html

The handling of the Katrina response is a huge cluster-fuck, any way you look at it. Only those in serious denial could think otherwise. It DOES need to be thoroughly and immediately investigated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gretna's sherrif and deputies need to be arrested for violating civil liberties. Since when can an American not walk into any city he damn well pleases?

Where's John Rambo when you need him? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

"Since when can an American not walk into any city he damn well pleases?"

When their personal saftey is at risk...and it is the police department DUTY to protect civilians and keep them from harms way..even thru force....I assume they were following.."orders"..

If there was an electric cable down in your front yard..and you are coming home from work..you may NOT be able to enter YOUR home..if the officer sees it as a potential hazard...

if you give them an assache about it..you may be arrested..for either...obstruction of justice or a simple disorderly conduct...just to get you removed from the scene.

That's my "educated" guess... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

does that help

Bill

Comment

btw.. I found this on the local WWLTV CH4 forum site in LA,

a post there from someone who drove into Terrytown/ (or Gretna?) said the mall is still standing and there was no visual evidence of fire damage that he could see from driving past.

This the actual page.. web page

Comment

• Re: OWNED (Katrina related)

[ QUOTE ]

I hate to say it, but i just seems they didnt give a fuck about those people. Let them die, and get them out of there when it is all over and they are begging to go.

Level the ghetto, get rid of the undesirables and make it Mardi gras land and a huge seaport...

Me and my conspiracy issues, hahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all it is, your's and others conspiracy theory.

With all the icompetance that has been shown at all levels do you think anyone would have had the fore sight to even think that?
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Jack...my answer would be No..

and welcome back Charveldude...Me and Timmy didn't see eye to eye once upon a time..for reasons I forgot...I can't remember what I did yesterday sometimes..I'm getting burnt in my old age..

But there is no reason why anyone can't voice there opinions..logically...if I don't agree with it..I'll usually just ingore it..if I have an answer or think I do..I'll share it.

to anyone who may think I'm an asshole..might think differently really knowing me..I'm positive of that...I'd bet my whooly beanbag on it.

Ace met me..ask him if I'm everything he thought I was...what you see and read of me is exactly what you get.

I'll tell you this..I'm a tough SOB.."VICIOUS" some say..and just getting meaner and more cynical with age..I can't help that..many tried...XANAX is helping a little bit!!!!

I say what I do because I believe in what I'm saying thru my experience , trails and errors..that's all.

here you can insult me or whatever ..and there not much I can do about it..as a matter of fact it's stupid to even respond..but emotions and temper get the better of my judgement at times...so I act a pud on occassion...who doesn't!

People , no matter what they think of me ..treat me with respect at all times..because I command it...and I've earned it...and know exactly how to get it..to my face anywhoo...behind my back my ears are burning. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW..I'll go to bat for a cop anyday..even if he's wrong..that's just my nature..because everyone makes mistakes..and I'm sure for every one of his mistakes there is a 100 good things that go uncounted..and I know that!

if you want to talk about politics..go ahead..I'll tune that out..you have the right to do that I guess.

If I see something I feel the need to answer I'll chime in..you can count on that!

Now talk in peace my JCF brothers and sisters... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          "Since when can an American not walk into any city he damn well pleases?"

When their personal saftey is at risk...and it is the police department DUTY to protect civilians and keep them from harms way..even thru force....I assume they were following.."orders"..

If there was an electric cable down in your front yard..and you are coming home from work..you may NOT be able to enter YOUR home..if the officer sees it as a potential hazard...

if you give them an assache about it..you may be arrested..for either...obstruction of justice or a simple disorderly conduct...just to get you removed from the scene.

That's my "educated" guess... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

does that help

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Bill I can only speak for myself but we'd be goin at it...plain and simple. If I need protection I'd ask for it -- As I said in this thread or one of the other threads, I'd be walkin the fuck on outta there, that IS my protection and I'd be in survival mode regardless of what some overly stressed "experienced" police officer thinks. I'd rather die trying than die not trying if you know what I mean. Its a free country, I can walk out of any fuckin city I damn feel like, I'd be the Rock & Roll Rambo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn I understand your feelings and to be honest I can't blame you. I probably would feel the same. Sometimes I don't get special treatment. Like for instance when I'm going somewhere and their is only one main route to get there but there is an accident..so the coppers are diverting traffic off the freeway...I try and give them the "charm" and tin my way thru [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..hell no..I must divert..well OK then.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

but like I said it's not my rules..we have to follow orders to the T..just to cover our ass..you know CYA..

Like that electric line down in the front yard scenario I used earlier..and some dude is tired as hell and just wants to get home..I used that scenario because I had to arrest that poor dude. He made a scene which I can truly understand , he just wants to "go home". well I had to radio my boss and tell him the situation..and my boss over the radio for both of us to hear ORDERED "no way..if he gives you a problem arrest him"..well the guy grew more impatient and irate to the point where I couldn't talk or reason with him..so I just gave him a PP arrest..a DC that's it...which they will prolly just throw away in court..which I think they did if I can recall.....did I want to arrest him...NO...HELL NO..did I have to ..YES..per the LT.!

and sometimes that just sucks ass..

I'd rather arrest those who truly deserve it..not people like that.

But I will be written up and that crap goes in my file forever..so..hey it's his ass..or mine.

So I may just have to arrest you Shawn..even though I love you man..and that's the truth... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I had to arrest people I really didn't want to..I hate that..for alot of different scenarios including BS Domestic Violence assignments..but if the female makes a complaint that he did this and that..and is INSISTING to sign that misdemeanor complaint statement..and you just KNOW it's bullcrap...especially when they laugh when your haul their pitiful ass away...but you gotta do what you gotta do..oh well..sigh.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

but I talk to them and tell them..hey man my hands are tied..your woman wants you in jail and signed the paper and shit , it's not me..they understand..I talk to them open and honestly..that never hurts the matter...they know the drill most of the times.

Police officers..act on orders and complaints..and that's about it....we're pawns for the top brass..and we must do what they say.

I'll take it easy on you tho man..maybe just a little arm bar action..I won't do you with no tazer or pepper spray..unless your starting to kick my ass..I rarely had to do that to people..I mean spray them (then I got deal with flushing their eyes and crap) ..i'd just kick their ass a little ..if they make me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and sometimes they do..oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bye Shawn..uhhhh Sorry man.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              For every armchair sociologist thinking a few Fox news accounts of the situation makes them qualified to blame the entire situation on the welfare state, there are accounts like this one from people who were actually THERE that I have found truely disturbing:

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight...es/006754.html

The handling of the Katrina response is a huge cluster-fuck, any way you look at it. Only those in serious denial could think otherwise. It DOES need to be thoroughly and immediately investigated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gretna's sherrif and deputies need to be arrested for violating civil liberties. Since when can an American not walk into any city he damn well pleases?

Where's John Rambo when you need him? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harry Lee, the Sheriff in Jefferson Parish, is one of the biggest racists in the state. It is funny, because he is Chinese..a Chinese racist.

Anyhow, the man has said ****** in public before...actually on TV once. They love him in JP.

Mike
                              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                XENO!!!..you KNOW exactly of what I speak..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It was interesting to see the Foothills PD and the decent neigborhood that it was in, and that the criminal element (riot crowd) that tried to take the station over weren't actually residents of that city, but mostly of the surrounding ghetto neighborhoods.

The first two days of the riot were indeed violent and lawless, but most of this was confined to several areas only a few blocks square, and most of this in the ghetto areas of South Central.

By day three most of the violence had subsided, though there was some activity... Mostly Koreans protecting their businesses against potential looters.

By day four, the National Guard had already arrived, and the US Marines were en-route. Only minor activity, really what would be considered normal for the area.

Mind you, this violence wasn't spread throughout LA, only in several different areas in South Central. The whole area would probably represent an area about as big as the French Quarter, and most of the property destroyed were businesses. Most homes, especially owned by black Americans, evaded destruction, while homes owned by asians were targeted.

Driving through South Central, you could see some signs of the riots, but only if you drove through the ghetto, where most of the people here on the JCF wouldn't ever be caught dead driving during the daytime, and most certainly not at night. This area makes East Palo Alto (one time National Homocide Captial) and Downtown Oakland look like strolls through the park.

Anyways, my point is, the widespread destruction came nowhere close to 1 Billion dollars, whereas Katrina will probably hit the 20-30 Billion dollar mark, with a death toll in the thousands... The final tally for the Los Angeles Riots is 13 dead, 192 injured with 2 days of "real" rioting, and another half day of semi-sporatic activity. By the fourth day it was over.

Sadly, Louisana will have a death toll in the thousands most likely, and I'm sure the death toll due to violence will be quite a magnitude greater than that of the LA Riots.

BTW, New Orleans homocide rate is 10 times the national average... BEFORE the hurricane hit. The greatest percentage of people who didn't evacuate were the poorer, less educated people. When you drive the education rate and poverty level of a group down, the more likely the crime and violence rate is to go up. Compound this aggregation of bad influence with a natural disaster, and you have a place like New Orleans being labeled "New Mogadishu" by the Armed Forces and rescue efforts. A term that actually fits, by all accounts.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X