Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEMA Detainment Camp.... VERY interesting reading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEMA Detainment Camp.... VERY interesting reading.

Wow... Not sure what to say...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/fema.html

Re: FEMA Detainment Camp.... VERY interesting reading.

I hang around on the ATS board from time to time. There's always been a lot of talk about Govt "Prison Camps" and the mythical Railway Cars (Check those out sometime). I've always kinda dimissed it as the paranoid rantings of the Tinfoil Helmet brigade, but maybe.... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow. That's just sad all around.

I have heard it said repeatedly from a lot of relief organizations that they don't want your random canned goods and blankets and stuff. They can be far more effective with money than your miscellaneous "stuff".
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Its true that they wont accept goods. We tried to take 3-4 truck loads of new goods purchaced from donations from my office to Reunion arena here in Dallas, they wouldn't take them and told us to drop them off at the Salvation Army...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sad, I understand some of the reasoning, but when people are overwhelmed in getting the victims help, ANY helps should be appreciated and taken advantage of.

This whole thing stinks at so many levels I can't begin...

Comment

What makes this sad is they will only accept cash donations.. and there are several levels to why that attitude is so messed up ..

There are most certainly people who would like to donate something that simply cannot afford to donate cash ..

First and foremost how much money will get tied up in red tape and peoples pockets? We have heard it time and time again for every dollar donated the people who need it literally only see pennies of it ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Back during the dust bowl there were camps set up for people fleeing Oklahoma and other areas. This is how they are going to keep the average bumb from walking up and saying "I'm from N.O. and need help. The plight of those with out the means to help themselves or get help from family is not very good.

Comment

Re: FEMA Detainment Camp.... VERY interesting read

you want an interesting read. read the executive order the created FEMA and you'll be surprised how far it's powers extend. thank you bill clinton [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Kevin, what can people that cannot donate money donate that would be a net win? A blanket? A bag of food? That works good when you're trying to help a family or a neighborhood. But when you're talking about helping hundreds of thousands of people, the task of sorting and organizing is beyond daunting. It simply is not cost effective to do that.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'm really sickened the way things are being handled down there. I feel for these people, really do...

Comment

I'm sick of the way the residents are acting there. Fucking disgraceful. Little Mogadishu is what soldiers are calling it.

Shooting at rescue efforts, looting, raping killing. It's a freaking 3rd world country attitude those people have.

In Florida when major hurricanes hit over there, it took FEMA just as long to get there, yet looting was minimal, rescue/support efforts were not shot at, there was no raping or murder. The majority of white Floridians remained calm, peaceful and civilized while waiting 5 or more days for FEMA to come in.

As for sending anything other than money, just picking and choosing what items you want to send overwhelms their infrastructure. They just can't accept truckload after truckload of unsorted, unspecified donations. The time, effort and cost of sorting and distributing tangible goods would cost more time and money than they're worth.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

thank you Xeno, at least one other person besides me remembers. Bottom line FEMA has bungled everything they've tried to handle since it's inception.
                        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          In Florida when major hurricanes hit over there, it took FEMA just as long to get there, yet looting was minimal, rescue/support efforts were not shot at, there was no raping or murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is factually not correct, except the part that it takes FEMA a while to respond.

Not only were the Guard some of the first relief on the ground after Hurricane Andrew, they were armed: they stopped the (rampant) looting, and then they set up a huge tent city in Homestead where many took shelter. But first they stopped the looting and restored order. The oft-repeated idea that this was some new or novel use for the Guard is simply wrong.

No one took the opportunity after Andrew to say that order had to be restored there because the people in Miami and Homestead spoke Spanish or were Latin American, so why do people think that it is okay now to say that the state and federal governments’ incomprehensible and indefensible failure to provide security in New Orleans for five days following Katrina is because of the ‘welfare state’ or because the people on TV in New Orleans are black?

Oh, and there haven't been waves of rapes and murders in New Orleans. There HAVE BEEN about fifty useless reporters on fifty useless news channels spreading the rumors that were spread by word of mouth from people at, for example, the Superdome, but (for example) according to the head of the sex crimes division WHO WAS ONE OF THE NOLA OFFICERS AT THE SUPERDOME THE WHOLE FREAKING TIME, it never happened: they did, the Lieutenant said earlier today, make two attempted rape arrests from the 25,000 people inside the 'Dome over that time period. Sure, he could be mistaken, but so could everyone who keeps saying that rapes, murders, and hell - even RIOTS - have raged non stop in New Orleans since the storm.
                          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Yeeeesh..

It's going to be a long time before we really know WHAT the hell happened. There is at least SOME good news coming out recently, which I sure hope is true: supposedly they are finding far fewer bodies than they expected in the door to door searches.

I'll take that is a cue to bow out of participating in the Katrina inspired vitriol ... besides, it's Friday, which means time to go drink and play guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X