Me and my Kids rippin sh1t up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Me and my Kids rippin sh1t up

That is awesome! It looks like you guys had a great time. There is nothing like family jammin'! This a timely post because this evening, I'm playing with my brother and his twin 13 year old boys at an outdoor party. I'll post some pics as well.

I just reread your inital post... you have twins as well! Awesome!

What a crazy coincidence!

Comment

That was awesome. Really awesome.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I Love that Carvin, Sweet Gig too
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

very cool, great stuff and nothing beats having fun with family and friends. Cool guitar btw...
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

dude that whoops so much ass...

I love jammin' with my Vinny..damn he's good.

he'd love to play like that in front of people..man would he.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yup, CT6. Looks great with that maple board.

Comment

OMG, Chris, that is SOOOOO fucking cool dude!!!!

Your family ROCKS!!!! Wish I could have been there to see/hear that. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Just had a family meeting in front of the PC...Thanx Bro! Very inspiring! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Vinny my boy is here..

he wants to say something...he did this on my thread to..we are hanging out together all night.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

hi this is vinny.i also play the drums.i have a sonor double kick set with 5 toms. i am working every day to get my double kicks better.i can now run on them for 5 minutes without geting all pooped. i love metal because i think the have the best drummers.but i love jazz stuff like dave weckl.i have his tape.and i try and learn some of his tjhings but he is really good.maybe one day i will be as good as him.that would be my dream.but my very faveorite drummer in the whole whole world is nicholas barker and dave lombardo of slayer. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                    that is cool that you jam with your kid.my dad jams with me sometimes.i wish he jan with me some more.but sometimes he's not fun he's boring. [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

So there ya have it...straight my the fruit of my loins..ain't that somethin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

vinny just said I can't belive I was in your sack just floating around....well he's my kid..oh boy! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Tell Vinny He needs Some Ludwigs!!!

I've played drums since I was 3, got my 1968 Ludwig kit when I was 7, It's basically stock except for the DW5000 duel Pedal.

Also Tell him he needs to listen to some John bonham, Ginger Baker and Alex Van Halen
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

My Cuz is a Sonor dealer..i got 'em cheap..pretty nice for the dough!

Sound great, and that is actually compared to jammin' with dudes with high end ludgwigs , tammas , premeiers..all dat chit..

very punchy...and it a nice matte black..with a whole bunch of sabian B8 stuff with pangs and slashes and whatknots..!

Hey these are good , when he get's older he can buy whatever he wants.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

the key word is.."he".

now he wants a cowbell..I told him..F*** No. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

yes and that's his favorite SNL skit...we seen it enough times. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW Donnie he Loves Bonham , he's workin on th intro to hot for teacher..The motor part...and into the beat ..he's getting it down pretty TIGHT!

he does Painkiller pretty kick ass as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have yet to learn it..just bits and riffs from memory..the damn thing is all solo. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for all the cool messages, when they get up tomorrow I'm gonna show em to them. They make it really fun. They bothe got way inspired when I took em to SF to see Nightwish a while back. They both claim them to be their favorites. Jesse (drummer) was so cool last night she hit all the punches in the beginning of that song pretty much pefect, she's had to work hard at it. And Bill I was laughing SO hard reading Vinny's post I woke one of em up, you, boring?? That's so f-in cool. Jesse sets the timer for 5 minutes at the beginning of practice every day just to try and get stamina on the double kicks as well. They actually seem to be getting used to playing in front of people, it just kinda started as a cool thing to do for their Elementary school talent shows. Now people actually ask us to play places. They got to play a club one night after a guitar competition and the people there went apeshit and everyone was rushing to buy em drinks and shit, I had to make sure I knew what they were getting! They didn't know what the hell to make of all the attention. They're like "whats the big deal?" [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It was nuts. I really hope they stay into it, they kinda initially got the itch when they saw Nick Sterling play a few years ago, his mom and my wife were like best friends in High school, that kids pretty damn good.
                            Chris
                            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Chris, Vin is enamered with Tarja of Nightwish and my wife loves them too.

I think its in them already man..I'm not a drummer I haven't a clue how to play drums..not even ac/dc beat without sucking ass.

I always played bass and guitar ..well at home guitar all the time.

I threw him a cheap 100 dollar kiddie set when he was 5 for christmas..and he took to it like a fish to water..

Then he started double kicking perfectly with two feet on one pedal [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]..double strikin' it..bending the kiddie kick pedal to crap..always having to bend it back. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

it's in them..you just know when it's natural..and they love it..when you don't have to remind them to practice..or push them into it.

I want it to come from his heart..if he lost interest , I would be disappointed because I am really proud of his ability..would be a shame to waste it really.

I should jam with him more..we do..but he wants to all the time..I should but sometimes..well "I'm boring".. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

That's great Chris..and you sure looked like you were having fun..especially..I know..that's shit makes you very happy.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Bill

Comment

The part that blew me away was I never even considered drums for her, shit I gave her a guitar a long time ago and one day about 2 or so years ago she just came up and said "dad I wanna play the drums" and I was like What, youve gotta be kidding, obviously you haven't heard all the jokes.?? Well the next day we were at the local drum shop getting her her first kit, I want to get her a huge kit but she's so little she'd never be able to play it! They're pushing me to do "I wish I had an Angel" next. Those lyrics would go over real well at school huh?
                                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Working...
                                X