Opinions on musicians friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on musicians friend?

Musicians friend will not sell to Canada.. Believe me they do not budge on that policy.

Music123.com will, and if you request to, they can also declare the value lower then it is. If you have the choice of shipping, ONLY take USPS, as Fedex and UPS will charge you HEAVY brokerage fee's.

All depends on the value and such, but Music123.com has been great to me. Like I said though, the kicker is brokerage fee's. As an exampl,e I had a Jackson SL2H sent to me and I paid roughly 80$ as it was declared for full value through UPS.

Next time I had a USA sent to me, we declared for 400$ and sent via USPS and it was 20$.

NEXT time I took a major gamble and told him to declare it as "parts" , with no insurance (but packed like a tank) and I paid no import or border fee's. Yes a gamble, but it's fun to save money.

Your mileage will vary...... But right now, shipping is a bitch!

Comment

I've had pretty good luck with Musiciansfriend. Stay away from SamAsh........I found them to suck!
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I have been dealing with them for about a year now. Excellent customer service.
        Prices... could be a tad lower though.
        Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

I bought 1 thing from MF, about 3 years ago before i knew they were GC. The mixer they sent me didnt work, had to return and get a new one. BTW< riffraff, where did you get your screen name? There was a band called riffraff in the 90s that i knew. Just asking. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I use em from time to time, so far no problems. usually 3 days for delivery. just bought an Eminence GB12 speaker at a good price and free shipping, (kick ass speaker by the way)
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I bought about $900 worth of chorus pedals, straps, cables, etc to test drive the chorus pedals and get free shipping on my accessories. I tried 4 chorus pedals in the comfort of my own home for a month, through 3 amps and 8 guitars. I returned the ones I didn't like and got discounted shipping through my employer for $9.00. So I rented a ton of gear for $9.00 and kept the stuff I wanted, no questions asked. HA!

Comment

Hint - they ain't you're "friend". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

.. Musicians Fiend, or Musicians Enemy.

I never would have ordered any major purchase such as a guitar from them had they not a 45 day return policy.
                  However, with that in mind, I consider them at least on par or equal to..if not safer than eBay.

Comment

I've bought stuff from them before and I had no problems with them. I only buy sale items that are a god deal with shipping. No complaints.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                    X