Opinions on musicians friend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on musicians friend?

I'm thinking of trying musicians friend for purchasing gear since used gear is more expensive here than ordering new gear online. How have your experiences been with musicians friend or any other online seller? What could I expect to pay for tariffs/taxes from USA to Canada?

Re: Opinions on musicians friend?

Musicians Friend is one of the higher priced places to buy online unless you catch them on a blowout. They are essentially Guitar Center online. There are a lot online dealers that will deal with you as well. MF (and a lot of the other bigger ones: Sam Ash, ZZ Sounds, etc.) won't.

Comment

They're OK for the occassional small purchase, like pickups, tuners, etc. Occassionally, they'll have a really good blowout deal on a guitar they have too many of and/or that's being discontinued by the manufacturer.

9 times out of 10, though, you'll do much better speaking to one of the JCF's sponsoring online dealers, like Matt's Music. They'll hook you up better.

Comment

Musician's Friend has a ton of stuff. I only buy scratch and dent or blowout stuff though because I can get better prices at just about any dealer including Guitar Center.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've bought from them in the past and service-wise they've been great, but price-wise I have to agree with the above two posts. (er, make that three posts now)

Comment

Their customer service is very good. I've returned stuff. Changed orders. Etc. No problems.

Music123 are a bunch of @#$%@#$ !@#$ !@#$ @#$!@# ass wipes.

- Newc

Comment

musicians friend is what I use to beat down GC ..they have to beat that price at the "right" amount..before I give them my business.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The manager at our local one is pretty cool dude..he's Rippers geetar playa at the moment..I think I smoke him..so does he..he's a good guy tho!!!

he just became a Engl endoresee ...huh.. huh...not bad.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I use them for price matching and they're good for that. Now, if all their stuff just wasn't on backorder all the time! They push things back, and back, and back all the time...

Comment

Each person has their own story...Music 123 has been nothing but good to me. Sam Ash treated me like shit..and it took me over 3 MONTHS to get my order. Unfortunately, sometimes it's hit and miss no matter who you use.

Comment

I use MF every once in a while for things you can't normally get. No problems so far.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

well, I have had problems with one of the clearance guitars. I've bought a few from there and had one be of unsatisfactory workmanship. I doubt they look over this stuff before its shipped. It just gets stuffed into a box and on the truck. I've bought alot of clearance clothing and knick - knack stuff, odds & ends. Pickups..they don't always know if it is a bridge or a neck model they are sending ya either. On the whole, they have been very good and their customer service is very understanding dealing with the issues I've encountered. AMS has been great to order from as well...and they have a better payment plan IMO.

Comment

I like them for stuff on sale like guitar stands or small amps. I never bought a guitar thru them but for small inexpensive stuff ther're ok. They have a good return policy as I've returned stuff twice and got credited back with no "restocking fee".

Comment

I just got a scratch and dent electric sitar - way too fun!

- Newc

Comment

I have gotten a couple things from zzounds and mf, and I gotta say, zzounds had better price, faster shipping and better customer service.

Comment

I just buy small stuff from them....strings, straps, straplocks, picks, etc.

its best not to buy a guitar there unless you like doing the set up and all that stuff when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X