Those were the days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those were the days.

Any of you guys and gals old enough to remember when the only thing you had to worry about was what was happening within a 100 mile radius of your home? My first was the "Missile Crisis"; then the Kennedy's; Malcolm X; Martin Luther King. I had dreams about mushroom clouds. And now 9/11; the Tsunmai and Katrina. I don't think the human mind can grasp all of this in the worldwide magadoses we are getting from our new "Wide Wonderful World of Media" I just want to go back to my little world. This is really getting to be "All Too Much" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Those were the days.

Actually the danger lies in the numbing effect this mass exposure has, not so much in the 'overload' character of the massive amount of information...
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

You hit it on the head. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sure the governments wish we couldn't get to see all the stuff we can. I bet they WISH it was back when people didn't know anything that was going on. Hehe.. Much easier for them...

Comment

The problem is that, now, we have to deal with all this stuff to the exclusion on what is really important to the individual and the immediate family. Who out there is ready to worry about or take care of the whole world? It is not human nature to think that way and it becomes overwhelming to the point where nobody knows what they are doing. We have only been exposed to the "World" for a few decades and that's why we are seeing all the stuff that is going on now. I am not saying that a "world view" can not be accomplished. I am just saying that an individual can not take it from all sides. I bet Bush would like to be in my world right now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X