The Drivers Weren't Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Drivers Weren't Available

I'm listening to Mayor Nagen on "Meet The Press" And I quote."After two or three days, the cavalry will be comming." That's what he thought. Where were the bus drivers that should have moved thousands of people? They left. Should they have? No. There was a plan. But everyone looked out for themselves. It was too overwhelming and they scoffed at all the warnings and all the plans and that, unfortunatly. is human nature. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: The Drivers Weren\'t Available

That is pure fact fett...when the in danger most will panic and then it's about the self..which is indeed "human nature".

ironically , this mindsdet is actually essential to make quick judgments to survive danger , also to better our own quality of life ..so it's a double edged sword..in a moralistic view.

Kudos to the crazy fuckers in blue and all the first responders that remained on scene and attempted to hold down the fort..there was mention a couple coppers offed themselves.

that's messed up.. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The human body's first basic instinct is self preservation, followed by, food, sleep and sex.

I have reprogrammed my basic instincts to a slightly different order: booze, sex, food, booze.-Lou
      " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The human body's first basic instinct is self preservation, followed by, food, sleep and sex.

I have reprogrammed my basic instincts to a slightly different order: booze, sex, food, booze.-Lou

[/ QUOTE ] Well, I guess your bus driving days are over [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess your bus driving days are over [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually, that qualifies him for the job. He's a shoe in at that point.

Comment

in a Religious scope..this mindset is called "Satanic"..

I know a "little" on the subject.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

it's true.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Horns Cleve and lil old poor me. Boy, I am on the short side of this triangle. But you make it " Alive", you little Frankensteins.

Comment

Hey we're in your triangle..you started this.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

we're just showing our support..and enthusiasm..and stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But its true..self preservervation is human nature.

and its at the uppermost level of "human nature".

as you have mentioned.

when you are scared to death it's either fight or flight..and in that scenario there was alot of both ..but flight was the priority..

now you have people refusing to evacuate their messed up homes because they have no place to go..not home..to them they are home..that's sad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

and you have officers being the heavys removing folks from their homes with force..I know the cops can't be too happy about that..but they have to follow orders..its their job..and that can really suck...for everyone involved.

and it makes cops look bad when they have a guy that looks like me tackling an older woman because she was uncoopertive , resisting and had a handgun in her home..I been in that situation many times....man does that make you feel bad. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I had to take down a 78 year old a highly irate and unreasonable old man at the airport..in front of his wife..jeez..I still can't believe it..he was really fighting not just resisting..kicking me and trying to throw blows..damn..all I could do was hug him and take him down basically..then they always realize..ohh ohhh..what did I just do..and they just give up..then the flow of apologies come..but by that time its to late.. I can't let him go..if I do then I did all that for "no reason"..and that leaves me wide open for a healthy lawsuite with nothing to lean on..so the arrest covers my ass..

he had a few drinks in him..enough to go off.. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hey we're in your triangle..you started this.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Just call me Victor. That's Frankensteen!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

"My grandfather's work was doo doo (stabs his leg with scalpel).."

Gene Wilder was great in that!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X