Good piece of beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good piece of beef?

I have given up buying beef. Where I live, it's packaged or in rolls hamburger at min $3 lbs and up to $4.95. Buy a "real" steak and it's $8+ per pound. All this beef tastes just awful. Eat chicken, it's a lot cheaper. (no pun). How is it where you live? And you can't eat turkey chicks 'cause the dog ate it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Good piece of beef?

I hear ya..at my wife's store where she works. (Tops)

They fired all they meat cutters after all these years and now all the meat is pre-package ..and now it's crap at the same amount.

We have a decent market down the steet she goes to for just all the meats..we have steak once a week..we'll skip a week just to eat different stuff.

On Sundays she makes Sauce all day and I have pasta and Chicken Parmasien and stuff..untill the sauce sausage and meatballs are all gone..

I ate past 2-3 times a week ever since I can remeber..

I'm a dago..there is alot you can do with pasta and sauce.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

We do Chicken once a week..sometimes two times..chicken Parmasien is a different animal than Roasted Chicken with mashed potatos and corn.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Now I'm hungry..and it's almost 4 AM..Not Good! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

WELL the beef in Montana is pretty damn good.

but ...it all comes from here. When i'm in Washington I eat as much fruit as possible...its amazing there.

Comment

Eat more beef, I got a whole herd of them mangy critters I am hoping to sell off in the next couple weeks, actually prices to ranchers is up to a fairly decent level, right now I get about $1.10-$1.25 a pound for feeder calves 450-500 pounders. they are then fattened at feedlots to around 900 lbs. and then you know what happens, people think we must eat alot of beef here on the farm, but truth be known I haven't put a beef in the freezer for years, I eat more chicken than anything else, also lots venison, I am overrun with deer and lots of wild turkey, kind of a Ted Nugent diet, most people don't believe it but Florida is actually second in the nation for beef production behind Texas.
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Umm... no beef complaints here.
          But then, I live in Texas. There is a slaughter house just a few miles down the road from my house. Ick.
          There are even places here where you can point to the part on the real live cow that you want to eat. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

I'm not much of a red meat eater, but I'll tell ya, I have never ever had a finer steak or burger anywhere. Texass rules when it comes to the beef. Good prices too.

Comment

Forget beef, Eat Oprah!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, she "is" a cow...

Comment

Damn I miss that Texas beef. Not so bad here in CA, I've found Costco to have some really good stuff believe it or not. But can't beat the meat in Texas!!!! ( [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  But can't beat the meat in Texas!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Being the Bible Belt and all....

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I never realized just how much about the meat it actually IS here in Texass. Shucks.
                      Big trucks, Big BBQs, Big hats, Big ranches, Big cows... makes a gal wonder if they're trying to make up for something. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have never really paid attention to the prices up here. I really don't care what it costs, when I want a steak, I'm having a damn steak. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We do have really good beef here though.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

While beef Texas beef is pretty good, most of it is range fed. My cousin in Ohio raises cattle and all of his animals are corn fed. A corn fed steak beats a range fed steak anyday.

Comment

The cows in my area are corn fed. There is so much freakin' corn here they could make a movie. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Once they hit the feed lot (read slaughter house) they are fed grains etc. The thing with production beef is that they pump it full of steroids etc to bulk the animals and that makes for a bland piece of meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X