• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good piece of beef?

2 words, Alberta Beef. Mmmmmm.

Comment

big fan of NY strip steaks.....yummy. BBQ'd them for me & my 3YO son this weekend. he also loves steaks. a good london broil soaked in red wine & italian dressing overnite is mighty good too.

Comment

The wife is doin' italian sausage sandwiches with green pepper / onions / tomatos right now..I'm STARVING!!!

Oh..she'll be doing some more Italian sausage later..if she behaves. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I just had a nice slab of top sirloin. Real steak doesn't need marinating. In fact, it's a true crime to marinate a nice piece of cow. I rub my steak with garlic and butter, and throw it on the grill. The grill has to be very hot, sear the meat both sides, and get it so that it's turning charcoaly on the very edges, but pink in the middle. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Damn, I want another steak now.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Here's a dumb question - Is a tube steak a male or female cut of beef? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am from texas so I suppose I like texas beef. One thing is for sure, BBQ is nearly always beef here.

A place moved in here from North Carolina I think and the did all kinds of odd stuff - all pulled pork this and that - sweet sauces and cole slaw on the sammies!

Now I like a sweet sauce and Pork doesn't bother me, but it was a real pork heavy menu.

I needs tha beef fo my meat hankerin' ya know?

BTW, now I trow me on somma dat cold slaw wit me BBQ sammie and I's all good - so they won me over an dat.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I haven't had a steak in the longest freakin time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Steak and a nice cold beer [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I've been on that low carb diet with 4 miles runnin a day to lose some extra weight, so I'm eating grilled chicken like 2x a day. I'm sick of it I tell ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I lost 50 pounds on Atkins. I ate all the damn steak I wanted to. Hell, Steak cooked in butter and covered with bacon and hollandaise sauce!!

Are you trying some low fat version of the low carb diet? Because I found the more fat I added, the more I lost. I have been living a low carb lifestyle since 1996.

The best steak I ever tasted was at a restaurant called "Cow on the Roof", In Tel-Aviv. The beef was from Argentina, which I found very ironic....on many levels.

I also had killer steak in Wyoming, New Mexico and Texas. The best store bought steak I ever had was from North Dakota.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually found the less fat I eat the more I lost. I started eating more red meat cause I got sick of the chicken all the time and it just didn't work. Gained weight faster and started having chest pains, so that stopped VERY fast [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Back to grilled chicken and veggies. I already lost 50, lookin to lose nother 50 maybe. Been heavy all my life, so dunno how much I'm suppose to be. Just wanna be a scrawny lil bastad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Oh yah, switched to light beer and/or just alcohol, so that helped A LOT too. Shot of Jack and a Coors Light is my thing now. Although might have to replace Jack with Vodka or something clear, too much sugar or something. This diet thing is a pain in the ass, but when it comes between me and my drinkin...well then I dunno what to do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

To hell with this thread..I'm all baked with the munchies!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I'm going to put on 10 lbs in a week if this damn thread continues.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm having STEAK tommorow..lots of it..I'll be bloated with red meat..at least I'll die happy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I eat red meat pretty much every day..sometimes more than once a day! It's good to have a high metabolism... of course my wife the heart nurse loves to tell me stories about the 20 and 30 year olds she sees on occasion. I think I scared her when I ate a pound of bacon for breakfast on Sunday. Oops.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    I haven't had a steak in the longest freakin time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Steak and a nice cold beer [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I've been on that low carb diet with 4 miles runnin a day to lose some extra weight, so I'm eating grilled chicken like 2x a day. I'm sick of it I tell ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I lost 50 pounds on Atkins. I ate all the damn steak I wanted to. Hell, Steak cooked in butter and covered with bacon and hollandaise sauce!!

Are you trying some low fat version of the low carb diet? Because I found the more fat I added, the more I lost. I have been living a low carb lifestyle since 1996.

The best steak I ever tasted was at a restaurant called "Cow on the Roof", In Tel-Aviv. The beef was from Argentina, which I found very ironic....on many levels.

I also had killer steak in Wyoming, New Mexico and Texas. The best store bought steak I ever had was from North Dakota.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually found the less fat I eat the more I lost. I started eating more red meat cause I got sick of the chicken all the time and it just didn't work. Gained weight faster and started having chest pains, so that stopped VERY fast [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Back to grilled chicken and veggies. I already lost 50, lookin to lose nother 50 maybe. Been heavy all my life, so dunno how much I'm suppose to be. Just wanna be a scrawny lil bastad [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Oh yah, switched to light beer and/or just alcohol, so that helped A LOT too. Shot of Jack and a Coors Light is my thing now. Although might have to replace Jack with Vodka or something clear, too much sugar or something. This diet thing is a pain in the ass, but when it comes between me and my drinkin...well then I dunno what to do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it works diffrently for everyone. I also find that once you have dropped significant weight, it can be very difficult to make the rest. You hit a plateau and must change something.

The majority of alcohol turns to sugar when metabolized by the body. However, a good rule of thumb is that the darker it is..the high the sugar content. I am pretty much a Vodka drinker exclusively. I do enjoy Bourbon quite a bit, but I can consume a very large quantity of it and I will get a hang over. Vodka generally burns cleaner and I find 3-4 martinis or double Vodka rocks to be sufficient.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Scottish Highlander.

Best beef in the world, period.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I feel very fortunate to be living in Canada. We have great beef, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I remember when I was a kid growing up in England, the beef was awful, and expensive. The English wouldn't know a good steak if it came up and slapped them. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Ok, I give up!!! I am going to order me some flash-frozen steaks from: WWWPRIMEBEEFHOCKEYPUCKS. Stick them around until they thaw, figure 2 days, and still not like them. It's a lot easier than playing hockey with a flash-frozen whole chicken. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

WWWPRIMEBEEFHOCKEYPUCKS..

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No doubt... the beef here in TX rocks!

Comment

Working...
                              X