yoyo ma fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoyo ma fans?

Im trying to remember the name of this solo cello piece that I listened to in my music theory class last year. It was just about one of the saddest songs Ive ever heard, and Im a total metalhead [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All I can really remember about it was that I believe it was written for a dying boy and it ended with the crack of one of a rainstick. Can anyone help me out?

Re: yoyo ma fans?

Yoyo, yo Mama. Good luck on this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Maybe it was in "Be minor and lay flat" Now, I know I'm dead for sure [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That is absolutely hilarious. I am not sure why, but I found it really funny.

Comment

Don't know the name of that one, but I have a cd of him playing th bach cello suites and it's really impressive.

Comment

If it had another instrument at the end of it like a rainstick..it sounds as tho it could have had some accompaniment. Are you sure it was completely solo?

Comment

An amazing musician and a very nice guy (met him several times, its a job thing). Unfortunately I wouldn't know his pieces to name them, though I can immediately know if its him playing by the style.

Comment

Ya know this is the 2nd time I'm hearin bout him, but never heard any of his pieces. Gonna go hunting on Amazon. Any pieces/CD's ya'll could recommend?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Ya know this is the 2nd time I'm hearin bout him, but never heard any of his pieces. Gonna go hunting on Amazon. Any pieces/CD's ya'll could recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

His best album to date is called Yo Mama. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Im trying to remember the name of this solo cello piece that I listened to in my music theory class last year. It was just about one of the saddest songs Ive ever heard, and Im a total metalhead [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] All I can really remember about it was that I believe it was written for a dying boy and it ended with the crack of one of a rainstick. Can anyone help me out?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best song written for a dead kid recently is Adams Song.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His best album to date is called Yo Mama. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I've been a fan for a long time as I love the sound of a cello. Yo Yo Ma is in the same league of the likes of such artists as Itzhak Perlman, Christopher Parkening, Elliot Fisk, relative to thier own instruments in classical.
                    If you like Bach, you should check out some of his interpetations. He also has branched out of traditional classical much like Benny Goodman expanded beyond Jazz/Swing into classical so he moved into alot of crossover stuff now...check on MSN, you can get samples of clips to get an idea of what you want to spend money into...http://www.music.msn.com/artist/?artist=16078291

He was on TV all the time in the 80's. Late night TV featured him quite often as well. If you ever watched classical on public TV you've probably watched him.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The best song written for a dead kid recently is Adams Song.

[/ QUOTE ]

you serious [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Apparently those who play jackson guitars have a limited musical palette [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Before him, there was Duncan Yoyo. But he was a one string pony. In music circles, it just didn't catch on. What an awful joke. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Before him, there was Duncan Yoyo. But he was a one string pony. In music circles, it just didn't catch on. What an awful joke. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Bwahaha!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Then there was Yoyo Ono. She didn't marry as well as her sister. I got a million of 'em. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Anybody who appreciates instrumental music owes it to themselves to own at least one recording of the six bach cello suites. The prelude to the sixth is one of my favorite tracks. And chances are you've heard the prelude to the first before.

Comment

Working...
                              X