alice in chains frontman...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alice in chains frontman...

this guy from rockstar inxs... marty casey (who will probably win the the job). i think he's the perfect fit for cantrell and the boys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] look him up on rockstar msn and see for yourself. this guy has something about him. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Re: alice in chains frontman...

Not to encourage prejudice, but willingness to join this kind of charade would immediatly disqualify someone from joining my band.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

in his bio his band has opened for jerry cantrell and a few others. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Not to encourage prejudice, but willingness to join this kind of charade would immediatly disqualify someone from joining my band.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your band will never, ever appear on national TV, or get a major label record deal either.
        After you blow him off, he can front my band anytime. The dude's great.

Comment

Agreed. I think he is a good fit for INXS. Mig has the better voice, but, it just doesnt suit the music....he sounds like he should be singing R&B. JD.....I cant stand to look at the little twat.....he looks like he should be trying out for a boy band.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Marty has a great attitude, but I find him too raw for them..he has the mega persona thing major singers like Bowie and such goin for him...but I find his voice is missing the middle ground and vocal control between subtle and full on that this band needs. I do think Marty has a unique character to his voice and he's a very genuine person but when you start a tour, you need a singer who's voice is gonna last and an hit it on night after night. It'll be interesting to see who gets put into elim.

I had to laugh when JD went and hugged the guitarist in the end of money..."get off the axe dude"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent watched any of this but I agree. He is setting himself to be a novelty act.

Comment

How do you follow Layne Staley?........
                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

you don't and you can't.......nuff said

Comment

Amen.....RIP.
                    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I think Jerry himself does a fine job in the studio..he may need a rythm player to pull it off live..maybe not depending if he can front a band singing while playing live..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree Bill (as usual...HA HA HA!!!!). Jerry can do a better Layne Staley than anyone trying to copy him. I have always wished Jerry would get Alice in Chains back together and front the band. I don't know the guy we are reading about here, but he's worth a shot AFAIC. Better than no Alice in Chains. I'd buy their album and pay to see em again. It's been 13 years since I've seen em. They came to El Paso TX. Layne had a broken leg and did half the show in a wheel chair and the other half leaning on a crutch. He even played a killer looking blue single hum Gibson SG with a white pearl pickguard. They kicked serious ass!

Comment

Hey Jon what up Sgt!!!!..yes..I think Jerry suould just revive AIC on his own..he knows the formula better than anyone..If he can get a memeber to harmonize with him..he's in biz..

Some of his solo stuff is so AIC it's uncanny!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love AIC, but I just can't hear anyone else singing with JC other than Lane. I really liked Degradation Trip from Cantrell. Great Album. That being said, I really did not like the last AIC album. It' had a few good tunes, but something was missing. I don't think Lane did much writing on that one. For me, it's facelift and dirt. Those are two of my favorite albums ever. I think it would be pretty hard to get something out of Cantrell as good as either one of those again, but I welcome any effort from Cantrell. He is one of the best hard rock songwriters of our time.
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I never buy into that sort of bullshit (not to be an ass). To me if you have the talent you have the talent. End of story. People do what they can to sruvive, get a deal etc. As Chuck indicated.

For me anyways the dude from American Idol changed my mind about alot of these shows, I now believe you can have decent original singers come out of these competition type shows, they may not win but they will develop a pretty rabid fanbase. Thats invaluable to success on any level.

However as it relates to Layne, no one can follow him. Not even Jerry and imo no one should try except Jerry. AIC and Soundgarden were two of the best bands to come out of Seattle in that time period (Sanctuary/Nevermore not included).

Comment

Working...
                              X