Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pledge of Allegiance - this pisses me off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pledge of Allegiance - this pisses me off...

Here's the story:

Pledge of Allegiance under siege

Don't turn this thread into a discussion about God, or religion vs. state. What really pisses me off is that some asshat like the athiest in this story is consuming millions of tax dollars because he doesn't agree with two words in one of our country's most traditional verses. You don't want your kids to have to say "under God"? F**k you - home school them, you nutsack.

This country is falling to pieces. Everyone has to bend over backwards to make sure no one gets offended. I can't eat peanuts on a flight because one of the other 400 people on the plane happens to be allergic. Too bad - pack your own snacks!

You can't read the ATM machine, so it has to be in 22 languages? Learn English!

You're a girl and you want to join the boy scouts? Grow a dick!

Where in our constitution does it say "You have the right to never be offended, and to never be inconvenienced"?

Hey - I am not racist, and I don't want some kid to die on my flight. But if I am in India, who am I to get upset if there is a picture of Ganesh in a public building? If I am alergic to MSG, am I supposed to get all Asian restaurants in Minneapolis to stop using it?

Dammit to hell. Doesn't this grind anyone elses gears?

- One nation, under God.
    - Would you like some peanuts?
    - "Enter your PIN".
    - Go sell some cookies.

[img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Pledge of Allegiance - this pisses me off...

Yes it does grind my gears. That is why I hate people.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Meh. No use getting upset over it. Lots of people are blowhards and/or retards. Get used to it.

Comment

I've been fed up with the world for quite some time now (and I'm still a pubic hair compared to some of you older dinosaurs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

I'll basically go through life, trying to give as little as possible to the system while trying to fuck the same system over as much as possible.

It might sound crude, barbaric, ignorant and mad, but I think the reintroduction of the good ole' firesquad and the elimination of some bullshit rights would wake part of the disillusioned-by-luxury people up.

Got a problem? Fine, we're happy to send you to island I-don't-give-a-fuck on your own costs, let's see how you fare in the jungle.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

no, i personally don't care about it. i found it interesting that the federal court found the pledge unconstitutional. based on their ruling, i can agree with it.

however, there is an argument that the dad is just trying to gain notoriety and his daughter doesn't live with him. for some reason, the custody thing factors in somehow. he has, however found a family to represent in the case.

yeah, the attorney's a tool, and i don't have an issue with the under god part, per se, but i'm also an atheist, and i simply don't say that part. big deal. i think that it's interesting that this country was founded by people escaping religious persecution and it's becoming the very thing it escaped, to an extent.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            i think that it's interesting that this country was founded by people escaping religious persecution and it's becoming the very thing it escaped, to an extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know - totally bizarre.

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

We will have to take the "G" word off all coins and bills. I think the phrase, " In God We Trust" has a more calmming effect than,"In The Federal Reserve We Trust". Remember, all this stuff is based on faith. "Under God" or "in God We.." has no religious connotation to me. It just reminds me to "Keep the faith, BABY!!!!!" [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                We will have to take the "G" word off all coins and bills. I think the phrase, " In God We Trust" has a more calmming effect than,"In The Federal Reserve We Trust". Remember, all this stuff is based on faith. "Under God" or "in God We.."

[/ QUOTE ]

This was added back in the 1950s. Until then, there was no reference to God anywhere on our currency, in our courts, etc. This all happened during the McCarthy ra of anti-communism. You know, kinda like the Bush era of anti-terrorism.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  We will have to take the "G" word off all coins and bills. I think the phrase, " In God We Trust" has a more calmming effect than,"In The Federal Reserve We Trust". Remember, all this stuff is based on faith. "Under God" or "in God We.."

[/ QUOTE ]

This was added back in the 1950s. Until then, there was no reference to God anywhere on our currency, in our courts, etc. This all happened during the McCarthy ra of anti-communism. You know, kinda like the Bush era of anti-terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ] Back in the '50's, we were all Godless Commies. In fact, both my grandfather and my dad were commies. I have some cool stories about that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I agree with Sully...just don't say the words you don't agree with. No biggie. You can't please everyone here.

But I also agree with the ruling, by the letter of the law...nobodies kids should have to say anything they don't believe in. To say, "You WILL believe that this nation is under God" is wrong.

The longer Bush is in office, the less of a Republican I am becoming, and the more I believe in the seperation of church and state. Which is ironic, because I live in a very religous, right wing stuanch Republican household. Meebe dat's why!

Comment

then again....what's wrong with "one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all?"
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        This all happened during the McCarthy ra of anti-communism. You know, kinda like the Bush era of anti-terrorism.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

And I thought I was the only person drawing that parallel. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with the dude to a certain extent. God has NOTHING to do with me pledging myself to this flag or country, it's more just formality that we say it. Not saying those 2 words are easy enough, as long as the purpose and feeling behind saying the the pledge stays the same.

Comment

Yea, keep God on the money. Kinda ironic when people are sorting coke through rolled up bills and tucking $1.00's into a stripper's g-string.

Personally, I'm an Atheist. Having God in the pledge is not a big deal to me.
                            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]
                              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X