Hey, I did ok!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I did ok!

I'm an idiot when it comes to working on my car, but i thought that even i could handle replacing the glass on my passenger side mirror, even though it's motorized and heated.

well about 15 minutes of tearing my thumbs to shreds since the motor housing is held together by a half dozen plastic tabs from hell, i finally got the housing apart only to have the gears and the push arms fall out onto the garage floor. my heart sank.

well, i wasn't going to let this defeat me. after about another 30 minutes, i got the mirror motor back together and working. and i also discovered that i had no reason to take it apart in the first place! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I got the new glass on, and it works like a charm! there is hope for spazzes!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Re: Hey, I did ok!

And you thought working on guitars was a task. You saved $300 easy. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hey, good job. Now how about those pics? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Your post is hilarious, Seventh!! For some reason this makes me think of abdominal surgery... intestines falling out everywhere.
        Don't mind me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
        Great job, I'm glad it turned out just peachy (despite the plastic tabs from hell).
        Hey, you got a free tour of the motor housing. Cool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Your post is hilarious, Seventh!! For some reason this makes me think of abdominal surgery... intestines falling out everywhere.
          Don't mind me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
          Great job, I'm glad it turned out just peachy (despite the plastic tabs from hell).
          Hey, you got a free tour of the motor housing. Cool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're weird sometimes Em! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

sometimes?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X