• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Canada RULES

[ QUOTE ]
    we invented basketball i think

[/ QUOTE ]

Canada did invent Basketball. As for football I'm not sure. Soccer, and rugby were both invented in the UK, and American/Canadian football is clearly derived from those two games.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

At least you have your Hockey eh?
      In the mean time Lord Stanley is taking a sun bath somewhere in Tampa Bay. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I thought basketball was invented in Africa? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Basketball is from Canada, Dr. James Naismith was the man, the idea actually came from the indians if I remember correctly.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

By Matt:

"Wow, that putz put up a picture of Rush and asks where's the talent ?"

No sh*t! The guy has obviously never heard of Rik Emmett either. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              By Matt:

No sh*t! The guy has obviously never heard of Rik Emmett either. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had today some Triumph on the CD player. RE is an AMAZING talent.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I almost knocked my Igloo down laughing.....then i recovered and went back to my raw seal meat dinner..........Grow up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

I don't think that Canada sucks.It's a serene country which I like.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I loved Canada, except the assholes at the border...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I loved Canada, except the assholes at the border...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are assholes, both ways, but I do have to say that Canada Customs seems to have hired some foxy young chicks lately. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        By Matt:

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had today some Triumph on the CD player. RE is an AMAZING talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Most people would give thier left nut to be 1/2 the singer he is, and to hit those notes, Rick probably did too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Not to mention he is a phenominal guitar player on top of that.

Matt

Comment

I saw Rik in a very small club back in 1999. He played solo on acoustic for a number of classic Triumph songs, Hold On, Lay It On The Line, Fight The Good Fight, etc. Near the end he broke out one of those Pacificas and played to a backing track, just shredding his ass off to four instrumental tunes. He then did a few more Triumph songs with the tape. The guy can improv like a mother and man, that voice. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] He almost made me wet. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He told a cool story about when they were in California for the US Festival. They were picked up from the hotel in white stretch limo and driven to the record company offices, where they were wined & dined by the brass. After a few hours of that they were taken, again by limo, to the festival site for soundcheck. On the way there Rik was given news that one of their singles had just hit #1 on the rock charts.

He says, drunken and quite loudly, "Man, what a life we have. A #1 single, lots of money and we're crusing L.A. in a big fu%&*n limo - WE HAVE MADE IT! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]"

The limo driver turns around and says, "hey junior, the car is rented." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The limo driver turns around and says, "hey junior, the car is rented." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, He probably said "Turn your $5.50 an our ass around and drive"

Comment

Working...
                            X