Guitar Instructor Interview!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Instructor Interview!!

I have an interview/audition for a guitar instructor position in the cities next monday. Its pays well and besides playing hockey for a living, this is something I would love to do. They told me to prepare an acoustic piece to play that is not too long. It does not necessarily have to be an original, just something to showcase my talent. I am thinking, since I am a big Death fan and they will not be able to tell the difference, of playing Voice of the Soul. I know the song, it is only 3:30 minutes long, and sounds pretty cool. Other contenders are Opeth's Windopane, Dream Theater's A Change of Seasons. I would really like to play the Dream Theater tune because I know if andI think it sounds sweet, but the part I would play (the intro) is only 1:30 long. I am thinking maybe throw together a medley of something. Any ideas, comments, or advice?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Guitar Instructor Interview!!

The acoustic intro to ACOS isn't exactly a hard piece to play and I doubt it would leave a lasting impression.

I would stray more into classical gas (a classic alright) or something.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Eh, classical gas is a great tune, but I am going to be playing with a pick...

Comment

I see.

I'd make a medley of either some bitching Opeth acoustic parts or some jazzy stuff (see artist & gear section 'face-melting')
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

showcase your talent..
          well to me, that would mean typically playing a few different genres whether they be a few bars of original or a cover and tying those ideas artistically into one another showing creativity and insight into your ability.

Comment

play "stabbed in the throat" by Cannibal Corpse, and sing the lyrics too.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

chris

Comment

what about "farewell", the last song on yngwie's rising force album? only 50 seconds, but it would fit very well in a medley. you could mix it up with the acoustic parts of icarus dream suite (same record).

and don't forget the obvious one, randy's dee.
                if you're a really good acoustic played, try van halen's spanish fly. it sounds like shit when done without precision, but if you can play it well they'll definitely be impressed

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I was thinking about playing the brutaly morbid mighty battle axe of satan by anal cunt with lyrics and three part harmony and an interpritve dancer.

Comment

Working...
                  X