Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where would i get packaging for a power amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where would i get packaging for a power amp?

im selling a power amp, and as you know they are heavy as hell. what kind of materials should Iuse for packing it? I don thave a box or anything. I think packing peanuts wouldnt be strong enough. what would you guys reccomend?

Re: where would i get packaging for a power amp?

Try a local shipping place or mover. The guys here who pack my super-heavy stuff use 2" blue foam sheets that they cut down to size, I'd think just about any packer would have something similar.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: where would i get packaging for a power amp?

Try and find a thick, sizable box for a TV or computer monitor perhaps. If you can't find anyone to custom cut foam sheets, start by wrapping the unit in a ton of bubble wrap. Make sure there is plenty around the unit. From there I'd fill the box about half way up, shift the peanuts around / make sure they get 'crunched up' a little with my hands so there isn't excessive space, add a little bit more, set the wrapped power amp up into the box, cover it up. I'd also probably consider putting the poweramp in a smaller box, filling in the extra bits with peanuts and bubble wrap, and sealing the box up, then putting it in. The double box saves you from some of the shipping loopholes. I can't remember which one but one of the major companies usually fights your claim tooth and nail if you don't double box electronics.

Comment

Working...
      X