Baltimore/Maryland Jcf'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore/Maryland Jcf'ers

What is there to do here in the Baltimore area?

I have already hit the HRC and ESPN Zone. From looking around there are zero guitar shops here in the downtown area.

Re: Baltimore/Maryland Jcf\'ers

Head up to Germantown MD, Rockville, etc.-kind of ritzy suburbs with lots to do. ther are a bunch of GC's in that area, so mom n pop stores may be hard to find. THere is a cool little guitar shop in Gaithersburg called VIctor Litz-shouldn't be too far from you.

Comment

the aquarium is cool too.

Comment

Germantown and Gaithersburg are in the DC area, not really that close to Baltimore. Closer to Baltimore, there are a couple of cool music stores along the main drag in Catonsville, just south of Baltimore. There is also a Guitar Center in Towson (a northern suburb), but that's about it. Catonsville and Towson are both right off the Baltimore Beltway, though on opposite sides of it. As far as downtown goes, I'm not a big fan--once you've done the Inner Harbor, you've seen it all.

You might check out the Fells Point and Canton neighbhorhoods just east of the Inner Harbor, though. There's a restaurant called Nacho Mamas in the Canton neighborhood that's a personal favorite of mine, though tomorrow (Sunday) it will be full of Ravens fans after the game. There are lots of cool, cheap neighborhood bars in Canton, as well--and you can walk around there without fearing for your life! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Fells Point is cool, too, but more yuppie/trendy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

and you can walk around there without fearing for your life!

[/ QUOTE ]

How true. They have us in the Wyndham, right at the old Mechanics theatre. The trainers told us not to walk around by ourselves, we should go in packs.

I've seen some rough areas and downtown Baltimore ranks up there with them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen some rough areas and downtown Baltimore ranks up there with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It used to be much worse, if you can believe that.

My first experience in Baltimore was in 1988 and the dumb jock I was with almost got us mugged by pulling a $50.00 bill out of his wallet at 2:00 in the morning. He then asked me if I had change. We were at a little burger joint down town about a mile or so from the convention center. Everyone in the joint just looked up at us. A hooker followed us as we left but we got out alive. He was a dumb ass.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

A Baltimore native I know joked that there are only two bad areas there: East Baltimore and West Baltimore. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Rams Head Live is a really cool place to see bands. They have some fairly big acts come through. If you get there early you can get right up front with no problem. I was right up front for Gary Hoey and Journey. I got picks from Gary and Neil.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                X