The best show you've been to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best show you've been to

So I went to see Therion last night and it was a fucking AMAZING show. The best show I've been to so far. The crowd was really into it and the opening bands I saw (just Brave) were killer. But Therion they had fucking 10 people on stage playing songs that were originally done with 40 or 50 musicians and it sounded just as good. Thats talent folks. Anyways after the first encore the club owner Jay (heck of a cool guy) gets up on stage and says that in all the years he's run this club that was the best show and best band they have ever had and that he wasn't leaving till they came out and played some more music. So the core band (the opera singers were gone) came out and did a fucking killer cover of Mercyful Fate's Black Funeral. Mats is a hilarious guy, he was saying Jaxx is the only place in the US he has been to twice so far, the first time was with a very modest guy named Yngwie Malmsteen who probably played about 2000 solos in 2 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The other shocker is that I had never seen these guys before aside from Christopher so I didn't know what any of the rest of the band looked like. So when I came in and Brave was playing there was a dude sitting in the back on the merchandise table playing one of the natural RG Ibanez. Just shredding away. In between songs I was talking to him some about guitars and shit. Turns out that was Christian from Therion! Thought it was damn cool that he was sitting back there practicing and warming up and checking out the local acts as well.

The only real problem I had was during Therion's set I was along the back wall in the lower "pit" area of the venue. Some guys started doing the slam dancing thing. Which is fine I got no problem as long as they don't run into me. Well they started moving close and closer to me and one of the staff guys came along the back to kinda keep people from being bashed into the wall, right before he got there I was sitting there headbanging away and neck thing I know I get planted into the wall. I was pretty pissed. Staff guy kept them away from the wall after that. Its fine if people wanna do that shit but the reason people stand against the wall is so we DON'T get slammed around, so we can focus on the band and the music. Stay away from the fucking wall. So now my back AND my neck are sore, but other than that it was a fucking awesome show.

So whats the best show you have been to and why?

Re: The best show you\'ve been to

Led Zep in SF at Winterland in 19??. All they had out was their 1st LP. God!!! I'm so very, very old. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I've been to a lot of great shows, but I've never had as much fun as the Damageplan show. The Kat was goin around with a huge jug of iced tea/jack daniels and pouring it down the throats of everyone in front. Got good n wasted that night [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Goddamn, that and having those guys play Becoming and Walk just blew me away.

Comment

Probably Iron Maiden back on the Powerslave tour.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Maiden opening up for Priest.... Number of the Beast Tour and Screaming For Vengeance tour.....

WHY? Because Iron fucking Maiden was opening for Judas fucking Priest !!!!
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Metallica - untouchable, imho.

Anthrax with Belladonna, they just tore the roof off that joint.

The Killbots: best band in Belgium.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Probably Iron Maiden back on the Powerslave tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
              Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

Iron Maiden, Piece Of Mind Tour.
                Coney Hatch and Cinderella were the first two opening acts.
                Cinderella rocked the house with Shake Me".
                Iron Maiden as usual, stellar performance for a metal band.
                VaN Halen, Women and Children tour just incredible.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Ozzy 1982 Diary of a Madman tour, Fett don't feel old be lucky you got to experince something some of us will never know, When the Gods walked the Earth [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  According To The Prophecy

Comment

Metallica "Madly In Anger" 2003 x2
                    Iron Maiden 2003
                    MachineHead 2004

Comment

I forgot Armand Van Helden's set @ New Year at Versuz

and also Armand's set at Werchter 2005.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Metallica - untouchable, imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

+190,386 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I've seen em 3 times, my favorite was feb 1, 1997 on the cunning stunts tour. I N C R E D I B L E

The other show that comes to mind is Sepultura Roots Tour. Saw them at a venue that holds under 1,000. Kick ass, plain and simple

Others:
                        311 - st.louis at the pagaent

Page and Plant - pyramid in memphis

And oddly enough, Neil Diamond. Yeah, you read right. Neil Freaking Diamond. Took my mom to see him and He totally blew me out of my seat. One of the greatest voices/songwriters i've ever heard. His voice was perfection at its finest

whitesnake - mid south coliseum - slip of the tongue tour. My first concert when I was 14. I'll always love that one. Kix opened up for em "DONT CLOSE YO EYEEEESS....DON'T CLOSE YO EYEYEYESSSSSSSSSS" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pantera - far beyond driven tour. The loudest concert to date. It was almost TOO loud for my tastes but they jammed.

Def leppard - of this year, in august. Mud island. Smoking show, great atmosphere, great performance, smoking guitars. GREAT show.

I could go on but those come to mind [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Rush, Power Windows tour. First time I'd seen them live. Wow.

Kiss, reunion tour 1996. They were touring with some of my company's video equipment, so I hung out all day with the crew and watched the show from the sound desk.

Jethro Tull, Crest of a Knave tour - First time I'd seen them live, and it was a religious experience.

Dream Theater, Awake tour. Very small and intimate club, first time seeing them.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I would happily give up my left nut to have seen DT on the Awake tour...

Comment

It's best I don't go to shows anymore..I hate those fat , drunken , slam dancin' pudfuckers!!

someone does that shit to me..I swear , they'll have my .38 up their fucking nose...oh yeah.

it's not like that never happened before.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X