Home Security Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Security Systems

Anyone have any experience with ADT or Brinks home security? I am considering one for our house. Are there any other companies I should consider? Just wondering what your experience has been with either.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: Home Security Systems

I'm sorry if this OT post offends you.

But the best home security system on earth is a good, loyal dog.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'm sorry if this OT post offends you.

But the best home security system on earth is a good, loyal dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I´d have said a .45 and a steady hand, but [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesn't offend me at all. I have two dogs, a husky and a golden retriever. They won't protect the house. Plus we kennel them when we travel. My guns don't do any good either when I am not here.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

The 13 yrs that we've had my current dog, there have been 3 break-in attempts.

In all of them the dog subsequently woke us up, scared the burglars away and turned on the lights!

After the last one, I swear I saw the guy running behind the corner towards the street, found the crowbar at my feet at our backdoor terras.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Doesn't offend me at all. I have two dogs, a husky and a golden retriever. They won't protect the house. Plus we kennel them when we travel. My guns don't do any good either when I am not here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are Minefields still illegal in Texas? Just don´t spend too much time on the lawn [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Does anyone want a cops opinion.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If you live in a big inner city security alarms are tits on a bull..

if you live is a quiet suburb or place where the "cops" are bored..sure get one..they have nothing better to do.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

your best bet with a inner city is a loud audible..put it where a turd will likely break into your home ..like a rear door or window.

I have a GREAT alarm....ME!

I'll let the fucker come in so we can play.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

By Bill:

"your best bet with a inner city is a loud audible..put it where a turd will likely break into your home ..like a rear door or window."

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was thinking the same thing today. I live in a fairly calm neighborhood but the ghetto is only a mile or so away. I'm planning on getting another vehicle pretty soon but I don't have a garage. I'll have to keep this one covered most of the time. I think it will be fine but I was thinking about getting one of those motion detecting lights to put in the driveway and then I thought, well, hell, I should come up with a system that if someone got too close, Cannibal Corpse would start blasting at maximum volume along with the lights going crazy. That would be hilarious! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ADT sucks large meatwand. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] I'll PM you details.

Comment

In the inner city were cops are running around like chickens with their heads cut off...an "alarm" assigment is a priority 3 or even a 4..which means they'll get to it "whenever"...anywhere from 1 to 8 hours or longer...scout's honor! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The best thing is to make the situtaion inconvenient as possible. That way the average idiot will walk to the next place. If you are truly a mark for someone, then they will prolly get in regardless, one way or the other.

Not really a one solution fix. This entails, as in most things in life, a mix of tools. Alarms, guardian type dogs (two as one is too easy to eliminate), serious security doors and locks, making entry points like windows hard to get into (bars,locks etc), security warnings, having visible cameras outside but out of reach.

Make it seems like too much trouble, and that will divert the faint of heart. If someone is serious and has a hard on for you, it may be very hard to stop them.

Comment

Yes whay John saud..

unless your home all the time and "Vicious" ..with guns , clubs , clawhammers , blo torches and plyers..just to make them an.."example".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          By Bill:

"your best bet with a inner city is a loud audible..put it where a turd will likely break into your home ..like a rear door or window."

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was thinking about getting one of those motion detecting lights to put in the driveway and then I thought, well, hell, I should come up with a system that if someone got too close, Cannibal Corpse would start blasting at maximum volume along with the lights going crazy. That would be hilarious! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That RULES!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

In all of them the dog subsequently woke us up, scared the burglars away and turned on the lights!

[/ QUOTE ] That's a neat trick, a dog turning on the lights. What else can he do? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I guess a security system is only as good as the response time of the cops. I have heard stories where the cops don't respond anymore because of all the false alarms. You might want to check with your local PD. As if they will give you a straight answer on their policy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Cleveland is 10 minutes to 8 hours away on response. Just depends...

Where I work on the edge of Cleveland, response is like 4-10 minutes...

Regardless, no one really wants to be thieving under a VERY loud audible alarm. Screws with their mojo...

Comment

Working...
                              X