I need all the male jcfr's help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need all the male jcfr\'s help

Jimmy B- what kind of car is that if you do not mind me asking?

Em- I like the advice about women not need clothes. I keep trying to tell her she does not need to be clothed.. she can be naked all the time (around me anyways). It might take her a while to warm up to that idea, but I can always pray right? She is an absolutely sweet woman/partner/friend and I will always cherish her. She works hard (her feet get destroyed at work. They get all beat up and full of cracks and no matter how many times I rub them they are in pretty bad shape. She works hard and deserves to be treated to things that make her feel better.
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

The car is a BMW M3 - I'm on my second lease. I had a 2001 and leased it until expiration and now I have this bitchin' 2005. It had been my dream car since I saw my first one in the late 80's.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Dude - don't just ask her not to spend money. Give her a reason to be frugal - like saving for a new house or something.

My lady friggin LOVES expensive clothes. Like $400 shoes expensive. Like $200 Jeans expensive.
        [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
        But she shops at thrift stores too. Do I complain? Nope. She nurtures my gear habit, and I carry her clothes out of the store and assemble her lastest piece of exercise equipment.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Set up a real monthly budget that pays bills, sets a bit aside - and split the rest down the middle.
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Em- I like the advice about women not need clothes. I keep trying to tell her she does not need to be clothed.. she can be naked all the time (around me anyways). It might take her a while to warm up to that idea, but I can always pray right? She is an absolutely sweet woman/partner/friend and I will always cherish her. She works hard (her feet get destroyed at work. They get all beat up and full of cracks and no matter how many times I rub them they are in pretty bad shape. She works hard and deserves to be treated to things that make her feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to Bath and Body and ask a salesperson for one bottle of foot cream in some delicious scent.
          You could barter sensual out-of-this-world-custom-GoldMoon- foot massages for shopping. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You're a good man, bro. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect you to post a full pictorial, starring yourself, as proof of your statement. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo GOR,
            I would be happy to send you Keith's email AND cellphone number. Once he gives you the okay, you've got it! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No thanks, I value my life! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I spend a lot more on guitars than my wife would ever spend on herself. So, I just keep my mouth shut and keep buying more guitars.
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I got divorced so I could actually have somewhat of a savings account and money to buy more gear! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow this thread is a drastic departure from "How do I sneak another guitar past my wife"!! .. ROTFF

I can honestly say I've never had this problem. My wife doesn't really spend much on herself and usually I have to force her to do it. If she finds a pair of jeans she likes and it's expensive she always says she will wait till they are on sale!!.. I have to convince her if we have the money then buy them ..

On this flip side if this is a stressful issue to you then you have to sit down with her and communicate that. If your bills are paid and you are not screaming poverty is this a really a big deal for you financially? Does she have a fit when you buy new gear?
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

After 17 years of marriage... been there.. am there...

Comment

Well, clothes on eBay are relatively alot cheaper, but then you have another issue to wrestle once someone finds out how easy it is. Is she charging this stuff? No? Well, far be it for me to suggest what should be done as I spend money like its water sometimes. I think letting her spend her tips on the things she wants for herself isn't such a bad idea. Have her save 10% of the tips for the rainy day you need to have it and the rest is 'slush money'.

I know some guys wives are really very hard workers, and they make damn good money bustin their butts. As long as she's not spending past the collective means of the present and going into charging, I wouldn't worry too much.
                        It's not like shes out gambling, or playing pull tabs and bingo running up weekly bar tabs. Even then, I know some peole who are very responsible who do this as 'entertainment' and what they spend and win usually weighs itself out in the long run. Women like shoes, they like purses, they like buying clothes. If you're on a budget and she's not blowing 100's on each of the above respective items and sinking herself further into dept, it's pretty normal stuff.
                        I played the same axe for 15 years, now I know I'm being rediculous at times with what I buy, but I also feel confident I can turn it for a profit. It's like stock..when to buy, when to sell. Clothes on the other hand, lose thier value almost every day their on the rack and waaaay more when taken out the door.

You guys are young, the more you prepare and set aside into the Roth IRA's for retirement now, the better off you are going to be in the future.

Comment

Here's an idea. It's a lesson to teach the difference between 'need' and 'want.' It will also give her a different perspective on the things she can and can't do without.

Begin by choking your fiancee. Not too hard, as she'll have to be around to process the whole event. Explain to her, as you choke her, that right now she is 'needing' oxygen. Ask her which she would rather have right now, as you tighten your grip. Would you like a new outfit? How about some shoes, or a nice pedicure perhaps? Probably not. Explain that this makes these things a 'want' and not a 'need'. Ask her if she would like for you to stop choking her. Probably so at this point. That is another 'need'. Continue to choke her, and offer her an appointment at the beauty salon. No? This would qualify as another 'want' then, huh? Finally, ask her if she understands the difference between what a person needs versus what they want. If you get the desired response (most people do at this point) then stop choking her. If she doesn't understand, return to step one until you get the desired result. Works every time.

Thus endeth the lesson.

-Mark

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Genius!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I got divorced so I could actually have somewhat of a savings account and money to buy more gear! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

if the bills are paid, moneys in the bank let her do what she wants with here own money, she works she should be able to spend it on what she enjoys.

I don't have that problem very often, my wife is a stay at home mom and that is one hell of a hard job to do. She has been getting into eBay and getting a some junk we really don't need but I really don't need 21 guitars either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] so I don't bitch. I'm very lucky, she is pretty understanding. She does get here nails and hair done and it doesn't bother me, the smell of nail polis anyway drives me nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We had tight years early in our marriage before so we know how to prioritize money we spend or don't spend.
                                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                                X