Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks-Red Sox

Neck in neck!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Coming down to the wire!! Who's it gonna be?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Yanks-Red Sox

WELL IT WAS ONE GOOD YEAR, THE SOX HAVE CHOKESVILLE WRITTEN ALL OVER THEM LATELY. THANK GOD FOR THE PATRIOTS!

Comment

Let me hear you say that again, after they play the Steelers next week. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

And I think the Yanks have a better chance nailing the division than the wildcard. Going to come down to the wire either way, though.

Comment

Anybody but the Yanks. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
        Go Red Sox! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I rented a couple of days ago the movie "Fever Pitch".
        Cute little comedy romantic Red Sox fan movie.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It's still all about the Atlanta Braves
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Re: Redsox-are-#1-Red Sox

first off all, scottd, if you're a mass resident, and grew up there, shame on you for giving up on the sox like that. i bet your grampa would kick you in the pants for that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

second, i was wondering where you yankee fans were when you guys were 5 1/2 games behind. lo and behold, the weather gets better and here you are! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] no one even posted about the last series...i was surprised.

in all seriousness, it's a tossup. i think that Yankees-really-suck!-really-suck! have some momentum going, and the sox are having a hard time of it. i think that the fact that the sox will have played 30 games in 30 days tomorrow, and the injuries that they've had (kapler, damon, youkilis) have hurt. the starters are tired, and may or may not have much left in the tank. last couple of weeks, most of the starters got into the 8th innings and that may be catching up with them now. it's hard to say. i can say that the bullpen for the sox got a huge shot in the arm last night with callup craig hansen, and the jon papelbon/mike timlin 8th and 9th have been lights out as of late. but they can't get too far with staying in the game, and hoping that papi will win it for them with an HR. that almost happened last night; if damon or rent woulda got on, they woulda tied it in the 9th. if they both woulda got on, the sox would have won.

of course, there's always something to fix. right now, it seems like the bullpen is picking up, now the starters need to step up, along with a few other things. the Yankees-really-suck!-really-suck! finally seem to have realized that they're not supposed to suck like they have this year; i was hoping that wouldn't happen for another few weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] perhaps steinbrenner told them that he was witholding their winstrol until they started winning again? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

here's something i posted in my blog this morning:

[ QUOTE ]
            the sox can drive me nuts like my 13 year old, and they can make me happier than just about anything. i love the sox, and they love us back. really, they do. but no one can beat the sox like the sox. not even the roided out bitches of the bronx.

i ordered my "why not us again?" shirt yesterday. i was gonna order the "why not us" shirt from last year, but that was last year. this is the end of the new year. the year when the sox are the defending world champs.

and i still believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

reporting live from red sox nation (yes, all the way down here in dallas),

sully

PS...i'm looking forward to getting fever pitch; i saw it 2x in the theater and shuddered at how much i had in common with jimmy fallon's character.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

OMG!!! kev, did you mess with the swear filter??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Fever Pitch was a great movie, and I'm not a Red Sox fan. I'm more of a Drew Barrymore fan. God, she makes my trousers tight.

Comment

for the first time i don't think i care anymore. and that's saying something. but for old times sake, the boston red sox are a joke.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

tommy, you sound like mr burns trying to beat someone up. just sayin.
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

C'mon really who is better than the redsox?
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        OMG!!! kev, did you mess with the swear filter??? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          C'mon really who is better than the redsox?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't I been saying the Atlanta Braves?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Redsox-are-#1 Rule

[ QUOTE ]
                            Cute little comedy romantic Red Sox fan movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

A cute little comedy...how nice. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]....coupled with the Red Sox getting a make-over by the boys in Queer Eye For The Straight guy, makes me wonder which direction the Red Sox are heading. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              second, i was wondering where you I-agree-Sully-the-sox-rock fans were when you guys were 5 1/2 games behind. lo and behold, the weather gets better and here you are! no one even posted about the last series...i was surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I guess it was just sit back and let the chips fall kind of thing.

Do I sense a little frustration here? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X