X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bronx Bombers...............!

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Boston fans are there to the end no matter what ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Its close by too.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever. all i can ask is where were you when your team was getting beaten like foster children? doing your best helen keller impersonations? you guys sure were silent. i'll certainly agree that things aren't going to well for the sox right now; they're injured and just coming off of a 30 games in 30 days schedule. but the season's not over, and it's a 1/2 game. and yes, i realize that it may become 1 game if ny wins b/c the sox are off today.

it's been less than 12 hours. we've still got baseball to play.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Red Sox in rear view

[ QUOTE ]
      Scotts a good guy ..I'm sure he's just a bit blinded by being a football fan and not a baseball fan ..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no football defense. I'm a Jets fan. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Yankees-really-suck!-really-suck!-really-suck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have I heard that before? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

We need more Estonia fans Endrik, jump on the bandwagon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, you know maybe 50 people have ever played baseball here including me, not more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I ocasionally watch MLB games, very cool. But I gotta say that I've never supported those "THE MOST FAMOUS" (the ones who people talk about the most, whos caps and shirts are weared the most etc.) sport teams.

I'll never be a fan of Bulls or Lakers
        I'll never be a fan of Red Wings
        and I'll NEVER support the yanks

Go Sox [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Sorry Don [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Re: Red Sox in rear view

HA HA good one DonF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            whatever. all i can ask is where were you when your team was getting beaten like foster children?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats yesterday, last week, last month, never to be done over. History.......doesn't matter.

But if NY was gonna f#&* up, better then than now. I'm sitting at the end of my chair every night, and last night I fell off a couple of times (could've been alcohol related) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the defence Kev, but the sox were always number 3 on my list, growing up I bleed Black and Gold (Bruins, not Steelers) until I could understand how retatrd the orginazation was run, then I got into the Pats around 85ish.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I'll never be a fan of Bulls or Lakers
                I'll never be a fan of Red Wings
                and I'll NEVER support the yanks

Go Sox

Sorry Don

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats quite alright. Bulls and lakers, I agree, Red Wings I agree, should be the Knicks and Islanders, but you'd feel a whole lot better routing for the pinstripes,....trust me,....I know [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

(Now if NY screws this up, I'm gonna be eating a lot of crow) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Thats yesterday, last week, last month, never to be done over. History.......doesn't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh...sounds like the bandwagon just showed up... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                  But if NY was gonna f#&* up, better then than now. I'm sitting at the end of my chair every night, and last night I fell off a couple of times (could've been alcohol related) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't agree with you more; better get your legs toward the end than be off and running. i do feel really bad for brian roberts, though; that collision looked horrible.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

pinstripes....naahhh....that's the kinda uniform for the Bubba in the jail.
                    I wear my Phoenix Coyotes jersey wich is cool as hell altho I support Avalanch the most.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Thing is like Sully said, You guys were NOWHERE when we were up 5 1/2 games. And you know what? None of us gloated and posted threads about us kicking your asses all year. You haven't had a starting pitching staff since i don't know when. If you didn't get Biggie Smalls, Chacon and the asian cat you guys would be about 12 down and making golf reservations for October.
                      Lets review, you had a first place lead the first night after the unit beat us. THEN, you lost it and didnt get it back until August 18th or something like that. For how long? 1 day. Now you have a 1/2 game lead and you're acting like you've smoked us all year. Give me a fucking break. Bitter? Nah, i think not. We are the defending world champions pal and until someone takes it from us, we REMAIN the defending champions. We have a day off to recharge our batteries. Youse guys still have to face the Rays who have fucking owned your asses all year.
                      It'll come down to the last series. I'll be there on Friday night. Talk to me on October 3rd. My guess, if we win, we won't hear from any of you guys except Don...
                      On a side note, i lost my dad 3 weeks after the sox won it. We have been fans since day one. I was 2 or 3 when i learned Yankees Suck.... He saw Williams play and everyone else that made the Sox the Sox. There is NO WAY that it can be as good as last year but with him up there, i think we have a bit of an edge so look out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

yeah isn't it funny how this these threads ahd died and now all of a sudden bam ..typical of yankees fans ..

Look at the yanks in the 7th inning of and D-rays game in the bronx..the stands are empty!
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          that collision looked horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I watched that as it happened and cringed. I don't wish that on anyone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I though Melvin Mora was gonna be hurt last night also. Mariano hit him high in the bicep on the first pitch of the ninth. I felt that from where I was sitting.

Roberts just sat on the ground at first base in agony. Sometimes, that kind of injury is worse than breaking your arm. There was no intent there though. Bubba (ridiculous name) was running hard down first base line and had no intention of bitch slapping him (insert Alex photo). [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            If you didn't get Biggie Smalls, Chacon and the asian cat you guys would be about 12 down and making golf reservations for October.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Thing is like Sully said, You guys were NOWHERE when we were up 5 1/2 games. And you know what? None of us gloated and posted threads about us kicking your asses all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the reason for that is because you knew it wouldn't last. Something always seems to hose up the Sox season (except for last year of course.) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Youse guys still have to face the Rays who have fucking owned your asses all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note:....See last series. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X