Yanks-Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yanks-Red Sox

I'm actually routing for the Yankees this year, I wanna see a Braves/Yanks Series. We owe them payback for 2 they shouldn't have won, 1996 and 1998
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

as much as i hate to say it, i think the cards are gonna be the NL champs. i really don't like the NL at all, but my gf grew up a braves fan, so we kinda keep an eye on them. andruw jones better get the NL MVP. that guy's had a hell of a season, for sure.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

See that's what's nice. The Braves Own the cards in the playoffs. Last year was the 1st time they lost to them in the 15 year span. Andruw will win the MVP.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I will predict no melt downs this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had this feeling back in early July, when the Yanks took over 1st place for 1 day, that it still didn't feel right. I'm not all cozy and comfortable right now because of our middle relief abortion.

Tonight, Mussina goes, but says he can only pitch 80 pitches or so. 80 fukkin pitches. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Crap! What does that mean...........6th inning he'll get replaced by.........you got it......middle relief.

I hope the score is 12-0 by then, so we'll end up winning 12-11. Come to think of it though, if Mussina is inserted into the starting rotation, that leaves Wang or Chacon to mop up the middle innings.

Yes! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]...............fire Gordon, Embree, Sturtz (well, I'd keep him), Proctor and whoever else strolls out to the mound in the middle innings with their head up their asses.

If the starters can give us 8 innings every night, like Randy did last night, we'd be ok [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Yeah,...fat chance!

In a nut shell....I feel better about the Yanks current position now, then I did 2 months ago.
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

well houston's on espn right now, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Houston sucks in the playoffs, I'd like to see the Braves face them in the 1st round then the Cards in the Championship series

Comment

Re: Red Sox in rear view

[ QUOTE ]
                chet lemon

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I remember him,...along with "Goose" and Carlos May, Chuck Tanner as coach, Jerry Hairston, Jim Kaat (yankee announcer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), Cecil Upshaw, Stan (the wife swapping man) Bahnsen. He swapped wives with someone when he was with the Yanks, Mike Kekich or something. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'm actually routing for the Yankees this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(oh,....by the way....they'll be no payback this year) [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I need payback for at least 1996, Fucking Giradi hitting those homers off Wholers killed me

Comment

Whoooooooooooooooooooooo

Just got a call from my friend, he has 4 tickets to tonights Yankee game. Ima takin the wife on a date tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (think I'll score [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I need payback for at least 1996

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it out on St Louis instead. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

When the yankeees were 5 back i was here making bets if you can all remember that. and consider this sox fans-
                          Consider this:
                          The original five man rotation has accounted for 101 of the Yankees 151 starts. So about one-third of the Yankees starts came from guys who were basically callups and pickups.
                          28 of those starts came from guys who did not make a MLB roster out of spring training. That means that 1 out of every 5.38 starts (or once through the rotation), the yankees started a guy who started the season in AAA or lower.
                          The Yankees should still end up winning about 95 games. That is amazing. i'm not gonna sit here and listen to where where the yankee fans when we were 5 games back? don and i were here, and making bets no less. rant over.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The Yankees should still end up winning about 95 games. That is amazing. i'm not gonna sit here and listen to where where the yankee fans when we were 5 games back? don and i were here, and making bets no less. rant over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rah, rah, rah............... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              I need payback for at least 1996

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it out on St Louis instead. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We creamed St Louis that year [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                We creamed St Louis that year

[/ QUOTE ]

Cream'em again, then celebrate before the World Series. (won't be much time after [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). We got John Flaherty filling in for Girardi. Doesn't do much except when needed. Kinda like Aaron Boone, Bucky Dent, Bubba Crosby. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X