Yanks-Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yanks-Red Sox

Oh crap.....White Sox face Johan Santana tonight [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img].....hang it up.

I watch this guy pitch when I was out in Oakland last month.
    Needless to say, it was a boring game. 1-0 in favor of the Twins.

ESPN - Santana (14-7, 3.05 ERA) is 4-0 with a an 0.89 ERA against the White Sox this year. Just five days ago, Santana struck out 13 and gave up four hits in eight scoreless innings against the White Sox.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      I will predict no melt downs this year

[/ QUOTE ]

I just had this feeling back in early July, when the Yanks took over 1st place for 1 day, that it still didn't feel right. I'm not all cozy and comfortable right now because of our middle relief abortion.

Tonight, Mussina goes, but says he can only pitch 80 pitches or so. 80 fukkin pitches. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Crap! What does that mean...........6th inning he'll get replaced by.........you got it......middle relief.

I hope the score is 12-0 by then, so we'll end up winning 12-11. Come to think of it though, if Mussina is inserted into the starting rotation, that leaves Wang or Chacon to mop up the middle innings.

Yes! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]...............fire Gordon, Embree, Sturtz (well, I'd keep him), Proctor and whoever else strolls out to the mound in the middle innings with their head up their asses.

If the starters can give us 8 innings every night, like Randy did last night, we'd be ok [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Yeah,...fat chance!

In a nut shell....I feel better about the Yanks current position now, then I did 2 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean bout the middle relief [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

20 to 15 isnt that bad a score [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        20 to 15 isnt that bad a score

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're on the 20 side, which I hope tonight, since I'll be there. My official report will come tomorrow, if I don't get arrested for attacking Gordon. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          20 to 15 isnt that bad a score

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we're on the 20 side, which I hope tonight, since I'll be there. My official report will come tomorrow, if I don't get arrested for attacking Gordon. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

too funny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Off to the Stadium [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img].....................can't wait to sit in the George Washington Bridge traffic [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img], better yet, to sit in it on the way home. A Yankee win will help though [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img].

They better not bring Gordon in. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

what's got me scared is sweet lou's contract has been reportedly bought out. rumors have been floating for a month or so that stupidbrenner has been talking to him about replacing torre in 06. bad move if you ask me.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Off to the Stadium [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img].....................can't wait to sit in the George Washington Bridge traffic [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img], better yet, to sit in it on the way home. A Yankee win will help though [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img].

They better not bring Gordon in. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man GWB during the evening rush hr [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

But: "Lets Go Yankees" [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'm actually routing for the Yankees this year, I wanna see a Braves/Yanks Series. We owe them payback for 2 they shouldn't have won, 1996 and 1998

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldn't have won? oh yeah, we only won 8 games in a row-lol. c'mon snoop, and it was '96 and '99, i was there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  you killed us in the first 2 games in '96, and then andy petitte tossed a 2 hit gem and jim leyritz got us started with that huge homerun and then we proceeded to smoke you guys like a joint. tampa bay was a pain for both the yankees and sox, the orioles are tough on the sox as are the blue jays. we get to play baltimore twice more, the jays, and then the finale at the phonebooth, i mean Fenway.
                  gonna be sweatin' missiles.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I knew it was 99 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I just need one more Trophey for Vindication of the past 15 years. 1996 is the one that hurts the most though
                    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

• Re: Yanks-Red Sox

Sox please! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• Re: Yanks-Red Sox

I still Say Braves Vs. Yanks in the Series, Braves in 6, Toree get's Fired, And Sweet Lou comes back to NY to finish off his career
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

• For all you Yankees fans

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Re: Redsox-are-#1-Red Sox

Update
                            NNY 1
                            Bal 1

bottom of the 5th

Comment

• Bronx Bombers!

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss. Yankees win,thhhhhhhhhhhe Yankees win! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Bottom line is they won, but man, I was fit to be tied. Mussina pitched a gem. Yanks coasting into the eighth with a comfortable 7-1 lead. Posada crushed not one but two of them, over center field and upper deck in left. Sheffield hit a laser over left. So back the eighth, where the Yanks hold a untouchable lead.

Why not bring in the middle relief. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Fucks. At the end of the eighth it turns into 7-5, so lets close it with............................. G O R D O N.

Damn, he got the first two outs, maybe he's gonna do it..........................not! [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Crack, Mora hits it over the wall. Now 7-6. Tejada coming up. Someone shoot Gordon so Mariano can come in. Finally out #3. Game over. Can't win it easy. Fire the middle relief!!!

Ok, I'm done [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

We win!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

• Re: For all you Yankees fans

Nice pic.
                                Is that your salute to the rest of the BoSox season! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X