Yanks-Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: For all you Yankees fans

no that's been the last 86 year symbol for the mighty Pinstripes after usually beaking their hearts. i hope it stays that way, that means we'll be still be winning. still a long way to go. next weekend is gonna be tense, phoneway
    might just crumble with all the balls that are gonna be whistling towards the green headache hit by both teams.
    hopefully we'll have one truly healthy starter for the series. schilling threw a good game his last outing but it wasn't against a 500 team i don't think. the last thing we need is for him to all of a sudden be back to his old self.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My ideal situation is to head into Boston with a 3 1/2, 4 games lead.. Then I'll be a Red Sox fan and hope they kick the sh*t out of the Yankees. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Please those Red Soxs fans who want to see a Yankee fan cheer for the Sox. Hell........I hope they kick their asses all 3 games. 20 to 0, all of them.

Of course, after thats over with, I'll have to get ready for the playoffs.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Very cool Sully... thanks for the history. Mine started in '86, but we won't get into that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        The thing about the Sox without getting into the actual happenings of said '86 season, my old man and i were having some difficult times... I was 18 years old and hell bent on pissing my dad off. I was the typical 18 year old and thought i owned the world. Looking back, about all i owned was a 76 Ford Granada.

The playoffs were in full force and we had just made THE series. My dad and i hadn't talked for a couple of weeks and he called and asked if i wanted to come over and watch Game 1 of the WS. I wasn't doing anything that night and he had some killer weed so i said WTF. Anyway, by the end of the night i couldn't tell you who won the game but we had it running in the background and ended up smoking and playing acoustics all night. In between, watching exciting moments on the tube and talking. I mean really talking for the first time in years. I made the statement that i was 18 now and i really didn't need a DAD anymore, i needed a bro. I wanted advise and that "father figure" but i needed to live and make my own mistakes and successes. For some reason it just clicked with him.... He was a very, shall we say aggressive father and i feared him for a lot of years. When i was 16 i grew 6 inches and gained 30 pounds over the summer. I was no longer that little guy and i was prepared to defend myself if i had to. He sure as heck wasn't afraid of me but i made the statement, " I respect you but i'm not afraid of you. Don't ever mistake the two". A pretty ballsy statement for me at the time but he saw me in a different light after that. For the first time in his life, i think he really respected me too.
        The rest of the series went, well it went the way it went, but i was at his house for every game.

Fast forward 18 years later and there i am sitting in his house and watching the WS. We had been on the phone every day during the ALCS. I made arrangements and screwed to Maine for the WS. After we won, it was a BANGER of a celebration. The whole next day is still pretty much a fog. I went home and drove the whole 250 miles with a shit eating grin on my face. He made a statement after they won. "Well, i can die a happy man now". He passed away 19 days later. That whole ALCS/WS is a very special time for me and something that will remain with me until the day i die. No matter what they do, it will never be better than looking over at him with his stupid sox hat on backwards with his ratty old jersey that he had bought during that '86 season. (I have both now). The Sox are more than a team to me. They made it possible for me to get my dad back. There is a reason blood is Red....
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

that's a good story superfly. baseball is a great way to communicate with dads when things are messed up when you are growing up. it's all i could talk to my dad about by the time i hit my teens as well.

in 1986 i went into a local church called St. Anastasia's
          and i dropped in a coin, lit a candle and asked god if he could make them both lose somehow.-lol

Comment

anyone catch the scores today? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

stupid yankees [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                anyone catch the scores today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, Yanks swept Orioles last week, BoSox swept them this week. Think the Yanks will continue to extend Baltimores slide tomorrow? .........say yes. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Well they have pretty much given up on this year so yeah, i would say they are gonna lay down but you never know. We are facing Toronto which had been OUR Tampa to you guys. Only diff is the Yanks are away and we are home. Best record in baseball at home this year. It will definitely come down to the last weekend and it's gonna be a corker. I'm going Friday. Should be rockin @ Fenway...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I'm going Friday. Should be rockin @ Fenway...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I wish I had tickets to that. I'd be wearing my Yankee crap, preparing to get my ass kicked by you unruly Boston fans [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. You guys should be more reserved,........like us Yankee fans. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I won't be home this weekend. I'll be hanging out in Key West, and unless it's an ESPN special, I won't get the games.

Why the stress!!!

Comment

• Last Week

Sully, gotta feeling ChiSox are gonna hold on, Cleveland is gonna get the short end of the stick because of how intense its gonna be this week for the Yanks/Bosox. Cleveland to lose half of their games left and that'll be enough to jettison them. I think the wildcard's gonna fall in the American League East.

Comment

• Re: Last Week

man, this has been a weekend, hasn't it? ugh, i was hoping like hell the jays would hold on yesterday. no luck. did you see jeets and whoever that was go into the stands for that foul ball? did you see the extended cuddling afterward? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] and what was up with a-rod massaging the leg of the dude who slid into second on the next play? looked like a hard slide or something, and while i'm sure a-rod was just makin sure the dude was okay, it looked VERY, VERY gay. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i too think that the o's are gonna just lay down, which blows, but you never can tell. oy, i can see that the end of this season is gonna be like the end of last season in that it's gonna take years off my life! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            i too think that the o's are gonna just lay down, which blows, but you never can tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tejada been screwing up. He's screwed up against us, not being able to handle ground balls and he did the same with yous guys. (hope Renteria's been taking notes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) Has to be that Rafael accusation. Now they gotta start a new accusation against Mora this time.

When the hell is Nixon gonna stay on his feet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

heh...i'd rather see trot diving for catches than seeing jeter cuddling and a-rod massaging some dude's hamstring. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

it's better than queer eye for the sox guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X