Uli Jon Roth... MUST READ!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uli Jon Roth... MUST READ!!!

Uli's the shit, If you can handle his hamburger helper man style vocals you can get all 3 electric sun albums in a 2 cd package. Great stuff, and as said here TSG is great and Metamorphosis is as well
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I saw Uli live when he was touring with MSG last year and the guy is amaizing. I can see why Yngwie holds him in such regard. He's deffinatly a bit ecsentric for a 21st century pirate. LOL Seriously The highlight if the show was when he did the Vivaldi stuff and the Sails of Charon. wel that was pretrty much his whole set so i guess the whole thing was jaw dropping. He even played with MSG for a song at the end of their set.
      Gil

Comment

He's the best! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

That guy IS at the top of the food chain amoung ALL guitarsist is the world.

his feel , pitch , emotion and articulation is unsurpased in my humble opion..I my humble opion when it come the Ulius Maximus!!

There is None..none more beter. YJM , not just until recently never "openly" gave Uli his props. Nobody did , the only one that gave Uli props all the time ..years ago was Marty Freidman I read the article right when right when he joined Megadeth. He said he was the best and there was a guy down the street that could play "Sails of Charon" note for note when he was a kid..he said he had to master that song...that planted the seed for Marty.

A little known fact here..On Uli's very first 1978 solo release "Earthquake"..the artwork on the cover was done my Uli's woman Monique..or Monica..I dunno..I forgot. But the title to the artwork is titled..."RISING FORCE".
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

horns, couldn't of said it better
          +1
          The guy is amazing
          His Scorp work is as you say "legend"
          I saw him back in the 80s, A place called Cheers on Long Island
          He was way past the Scorps stuff at the time.
          The guy plays from his soul, just like Hendrix
          [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X