No announcement yet.

Do your straps go with your guitar??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do your straps go with your guitar??

you're kidding right?...lol...dont mind me i just got back from an old friend's b-day party and i am wayyy drunk...lol...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I don't worry about it... I think I've actually purchased two straps in my life, the rest of em came in the cases of guitars that I bought. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think I have some cheapo black ones, a red, and a tiedye one that I bought. seven or so total, for about 25 guitars. 99% of my playing is done sitting down anyways, unless I'm gigging or band rehearsal.

Pete

Comment

my Hamer Cali's got Dimarzio cliplocks, and I've got a plain black Ernie Ball Strap for my Carvin. The guitar I played last night had a leather strap, but more on that later...
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Can´t really go wrong with Black leather straps on anything [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I play sitting down most of the time. I have a few of the cheap nylon Ernie Ball straps I use from time to time and one nice leather one I use on the heavier guitars
            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

And you guys think your anal........... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Depends on the guitar, on my V and RR I use this one that has straplocks built into it (you spin this dial and it clicks a lock into place around the strap button, hold another button and it releases the lock and you turn the dial in the opposite direction to fully remove the strap). On anything soloist / strat / standard body I use these weird straps that were popular like a year-ish ago, they're made out of some sort of rubbery material, not sure what, but they were supposedly indestructable. I used to have like 10 different straps but they gradually disappeared over the years after being left at people's houses or "borrowed" (see stolen) by my "friends." I used to throw the Dunlop Strap locks on everything I had, but I got tired of that pretty quick.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Well, you're not alone Zeeg. I'm the same way! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  'Cept my straps are black leather, baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to use the leather ones, because they have grip, and help to prevent nosediving on head-heavy guitars. Unfortunately, I can never seem to find leather ones that are long enough, so I switched to the nylon ones.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have two straps.. a black one with fender logo that I use on my fender strat and on my ibanez..
                    and the other one is a plain black one which I use on my esp and washburn.. all the straps are black and all the guitars are black so they match
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks..what brought this up was I was loading up for practice and our singer was here. I said, all I need is my strap, and he turned around and grabbed one... it was the wrong one for the guitar I had. He asked if I had a separate strap for each guitar, and I said yes, then he asked why I just couldn't use one for all guitars. I tried to tell him it just doesn't work that way for me and he looked at me like I was nuts. Especially when I said the strap he handed me has chrome strap locks and the one I needed had the black ones to match the hardware. So, it got me thinking, who else is like that...so I asked..Thanks again for all the replies. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Usually keep certain straps in certain cases along with the guitar I'm most comfortable using for that particular strap. All leather straps...still have the Halford strap from the eighties and that goes with the KE1 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Hear the universe scream
                        Bleeding from black holes
                        Whom horns careless
                        And whom God mourns

Comment

I have a strap for every guitar. Every guitar has Schaller strap locks. They are all color coordinated. Bengal with Bengal, Camo with camo, Black with black, etc. All except my YJM Strat which uses the white ocelot, ala Malmsteen. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Almost all my straps are black, but the style has to match the guitar itself. A 1960's Epiphone wouldn't look right with a DiMarzio Clip Lock and black Warlock wouldn't look right with a vintage Mosrite strap.

Comment

No, I use one straps for all my guitars.

Comment

I use alot of different straps. I prefer black leather and have one that has been with me for about 20+ years...and its smelly. That is the only drawback to leather, salt stains and it absorbs even when treated. Some guitars I have two inch clip release and others straplocks but I do try to color match them. I typically only buy what I want on sale cause I hate spending 20 bucks on a strip of nylon.
                                I guess I would use strictly leather if I were to go uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X