ABBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABBA

Every year Welland (the city I live in) has a big weekend long food festival, with live bands all day long on Friday and Saturday. Last night there was a band playing called Abbamania. They were seriously fucking great. I grew up hearing Abba all the time, because my parents were big fans. It occurred to me last night that Benny and Bjorn were brilliant pop song writers, in the same league as Elton John, Michael Jackson etc, if not better. I probably won't be going out and buying any Abba CDs, but it was cool in a nostalgic kind of way to hear those songs again.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: ABBA

ABBA rulez. I wish I had their bank account and wall of gold and platinum albums..............

Comment

I like them too. My band is working on a heavy version of Mama Mia. Great hits and those girls were smoking hot back in the day.

Comment

I was in Sweden a few years ago and the national museum had an ABBA exhibit. Needless to say we had to go check it out!

Comment

yeah great band and some catchy guitar in amongst the pop...check out "does your mother" know, cool guitar!!
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Therion's version of Summernight City is awesome!

Comment

Benny and Bjorn are brilliant. Their production was also very brilliant. Some very complex shit going on there sometimes. The harmonies and melodies were always tasty. So was that blond singer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

A great band. I got serious shit over drinks one night at Summer NAMM this year when I said I liked ABBA. Doesn't matter to me. Benny and Bjorn are great songwriters, and when I was in 3rd grade, I was ready to lose my virginity to either of the girls.

The CDs are easy to get in the states now, but back in the early 90s none of the CDs were available here. I had a friend of mine from the Netherlands send the whole catalogue to me.

ABBA Rules!

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Abba does rule. I'm glad Mama MIa the musical did well here in the states. it was an awesome production!

Comment

Morgana Lefay doesa a version of Voulez Vous..it's awesome!

Cool friggin' riff in the beginning..I never heard the original..but it's wicked!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Two words..."Jive Talkin'" It slays all.

Comment

ABBA has some of the greatest bass lines.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Abba does rule. I'm glad Mama MIa the musical did well here in the states. it was an awesome production!

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, I went to that show in Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay. It really was good. My mom bought the soundtrack..but it was MEh....it was the british cast and they sound like pricks. THe Las Vegas cast was ALOT better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with ABBA?
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with ABBA?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isnt gonna turn into a "I love the BeeGees" thread, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X