ABBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ABBA

'bout 6-7 years ago ABBA was offered 500 million $ for their comeback, ABBA turned it down.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Two words..."Jive Talkin'" It slays all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially if this thread was about the Gibb brothers.

Comment

Apologies...Nothing negative meant at all...just referring to the song "Jive Talkin'", and I think it's a cool song.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ABBA has some of the greatest bass lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Interesting you said that. I play bass, and think the same thing.

I believe a lot of it has to do with the music being written on piano, for the most part. You see the same thing with Stevie Wonder, and Captain and Tenille (no shit - listen to the bass lines to "Love Will Keep us Together" and "Shop Around"). For some reason, piano-heavy songs seem to have well-arranged bass lines.

- E.
          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

OK, now I will just sit in the corner, as I clearly have lost my mind. ABBA...Bee Gees...yeah, I'm an idiot. Not sure what I was thinking...could have probably used some more sleep over the last 36 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah ABBA's great, we have the ABBA Gold cd and my kids love them.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
              X