ebayers that don't allow local pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebayers that don't allow local pickup

What's up with that? They've got to be juicing their shipping to make extra money. That and/or ducking tax collection. It seems to be the computer sellers mainly. These guys aren't selling new stuff I'm looking at vendors that sell used stuff.
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Re: ebayers that don\'t allow local pickup

I don´t like people I don´t know in my house, plain and simple. I offer local pickup but try to avoid it wherever possible, or arrange a meeting outside my own 4 walls [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

These are businesses actually, I should have specified that. I mean come on, why the hell should I pay $45 to ship something 10 minutes away [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] oh well, their loss.

Comment

I ran across an eBay seller a few years ago in Phoenix who stated a $50 shipping rate on a Charvel Model Series guitar & chainsaw case. I asked if I could swing by and pick the guitar up if I won the auction and she replied, "Sure, no problem." I proceeded to win the auction and she informed me that she was going to charge me the $50 for shipping even though I would be picking the guitar up. I replied that if I were going to be paying for shipping that she would damn well be shipping the guitar. She offered to bring it by my house instead but I insisted that if I were being billed for "shipping" that by God someone was going to be doing some shipping and not pocketing the cash as additional profit. She then claimed the guitar had been stolen and vanished into thin air.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I replied that if I were going to be paying for shipping that she would damn well be shipping the guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

A couple of years ago a woman a couple of hours from me was selling a guitar and the bidding wasn't getting very high (IIRC, the pic was bad, and she didn't have much feedback). I think it was a Les Paul, but I can't remember. So I emailed her about whether I could pick it up if I won, and (duh) pay cash.

She answered, "I don't meet people over the internet."
          "Uhhhh, okaayyy, how about if I win we go somewhere neutral for me to pick it up and pay you cash?"
          "No."
          "Not even a police station?"
          "No."

Well, fuck you very much, then. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I talked to an Ebayer who was right in my own town who wouldn't meet me. He was chargeing $25.00 for shipping something that costs around $7.00 to ship. I even offered to pay the $25.00 rip off charge if I could pick it up in person. No deal. He doesn't meet people through Ebay. I mentioned that if there was something wrong with it he would be meeting me in person anyway because I have his address from Paypal. That didn't go over too well.

Comment

I guess we're all stalkers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've had plenty of people come to my house to pickup stuff, even at my work. Made some new friends this way. I have nothing to hide.

Comment

I don't want any damn long-haired scary lookin' guitar players coming to my house. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I don't want to go to some damn long-haired scary lookin' guitar players house. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I don't want to go to some damn long-haired scary lookin' guitar players house. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I had a JCF'er come to the Turkfuk house where I was living with me step-son's family to pick up a couple of guiatrs. My stepson was way paranoid, so we did our business on the front porch. I guess it is just a sign of the times. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I can understand not wanting to do the deal at someone's house (I'm not sure I would), but geez, just meet in a public place. I won a multitrack recorder locally from a college-age guy, and picked it up from his mom, who worked at a local mall where we met. Easy enough and no one got hurt...

Comment

Ive probably made 10 face to face transactions from ebay. Never at my house though. Half were at gas station nearby and the others were pickups at peoples houses. Once was a pickup at my work. They all went well, and the people were all very nice. One was for a guitar and 2 years later the guy emailed me if I still had it because he missed it so much. We did a trade at the very same gas station. Nice people, all of them. But I do understand not wanting strangers at my house. I had a guy in the next town that wouldnt allow me to pick up an item but he reduced his shipping price to practically nothing and dropped it off at my post office. That was cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I don't want any damn long-haired scary lookin' guitar players coming to my house. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Working...
                            X