Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorta Funny Story - Judas Priest related

So I help coach this youth soccer team - elementary age

And we come up with this play and it needs a name. I ask all the kids what they want to call it....

One kid pipes up - STARBREAKER!

I just get this shit eating grin 'cause I love that song [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I swear I had nothing to do with it, never mentioned my unnatural obsession with JP, and I didn't even ask where he got that name.

Made my day. It's the little things in life [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Sorta Funny Story - Judas Priest related

With a name like Starbreaker, it kinda makes you wonder how Rob Halford came up with that name. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I actually love that song, too!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why of course, Starbreaker - the original fruit chews! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

One of my favorite JP tunes. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If it was Halford's idea, wouldn't it be more like Starfish breaker? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm with ya Travis... Friggin hilarious... I was thinking that soon as I was reading it. I must be demented...

Comment

Very cool [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My son has this crappy toy guitar that makes chord noises with the buttons on the neck. Of course I tried to play a song on it...I always play Starbreaker when I pick it up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I also coach my sons soccer team (5 and 6 year olds) big fun [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Rock n Roll [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Its a great song. That play must work like a charm.

Comment

Charvel Star-Breaker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

"If it was Halford's idea, wouldn't it be more like Starfish breaker?"...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

That fucker is my favorite metal singer in the world..

I want to be in denial when it comes to Robby.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It just doesn't mix..like oil and water...no matter how much you shake it..Metal and gay..just don't mix..

I know that just unleashed some focking fury..So , let the games begin.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

My son has this crappy toy guitar that makes chord noises with the buttons on the neck. Of course I tried to play a song on it...I always play Starbreaker when I pick it up [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahaha, sounds like fun! Would *love* to see a vid of that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Reminds me of Bruce Baum, the comedian who used to be known as "Babyman". He come out onstage in sunglasses with one of those toy guitars w/ the cheesy distortion....hold it up while "wailing" a chord and exclaim in a faux British accent, "Rock and roll, ya pukes!!"

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

HAHAHA! I just found Bruce's website, the guitar is a Mattel Starmaker:

http://www.brucebaum.com/about/index.php

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X