Queen on tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen on tour

Got tickets to see Queen at Continental Arena in Jersey. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Looks like they only have 2 dates in the USA for this tour. One in Jersey and the other in California. Paul Rodgers on vocals,....not a Freddie Mercury, but was good with BadCo.

I haven't heard anything by them yet. Their set list looks like a mix of Queen and BadCo/Free songs. Anyone heard them together yet? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Queen on tour

There is a new live cd out last week with.Sounds killer, Rodgers does a good job.The band sounds amazing.

Comment

One of the guitar magazines, Guitar One or Guitar World has a video of them doing We Are The Champions on it's CD.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Paul Rogers on Vocals??? Yikes... I just cant imagine him doing that well with Queen material.

I was thinking they should get George Micheal, after hearing him do that material, was awesome for the part...

Comment

They have a Video out I think or atleast a commercial out I saw and he sounded surprisingly good doing the Mercury stuff.

Matt

Comment

Paul is one of the Best Singers of all time, He should have no problems with Freddies Stuff
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              He should have no problems with Freddies Stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

can someone help me, i know there's a joke here somewhere, i just cant seem to find it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Queen with the monotone guy from the gag me, amazingly boring, band "bad company"??? Same guy?

So where was this voice when he sang with bad company? He sounded like a polished Bob Seger...

Hmmm... I guess I'll be impressed eh? haha...

Comment

There's a guy in Pittsburgh.....named Freddie Nelson, no less....that would be the perfect singer for Queen.......I wish he could get a shot the way Ripper Owens did with Judas Priest.
                  This guy has the voice & a great presence of his own...he's enough of a pro....I think he could do it.

Check him out here: http://www.tootalljones.us/

Comment

Closer than what i remeber of the "feel like making love' guy.... hehe...

I still say George Micheal was absolutely amazing doing freddie Mercury stuff. Anyone remember that?

Comment

I do remember George Michael doing that Queen material--he definitely had the voice for it, though I'm not sure how well he'd do on the heavier material, since Freddie was capable of singing with a huskier voice, as well as his cleaner operatic sound.

But I'm with you John, I was sceptical of Paul Rodgers doing this gig from the moment I heard. The dude is a *great* lead vocalist, but in a bluesier style--he can't possibly have the range to sing Freddie's material well.

Comment

I remember being absolutely and totally floored when i heard george micheal doing Queen. He friggin nailed it. I'm certainly not a fan of his, but when I heard that, it was like he was "supposed" to be in the band and I truly expected Queen to move on with him singing for them.

Comment

I remember this too. George Michael really surprised me. It was really good.

Comment

Jeff Scott Soto had the gig locked up, then they decided to get a "name". He was still pissed when i asked him while he was touring with soul sirkus.

Gary Cherone was the guy i thought did the best job at the freddie murcury concert.

Who is this George Michael clevleand keeps raving about? Its not the same guy who did that duet with Elton, "dont let your son go down on me" is it?

Comment

Working...
                            X