Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Put me in coach!!!

No midgets in here eh?

I'm 6'-2" and 229lbs as of ten seconds ago. I was about 6'-1" and 165lbs in high school. I started doing the martial arts thing when I was 18 (Shotokan, and then Wado Kai) and I must have gained 40lbs in 3 months. I was always skinny, and suddenly I had all this muscle. I kinda wanted to play football before, but I was way too skinny, I would have been crushed.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hehe..I'm 5'8" and wrestled in HS at very lean 160lbs.

now I'm 220..give or take a few.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The best shape I was in was at 195..that's a great weight for me...when I worked out in the police gym..that was my strongest..NICE gym!!!

but I can't work out anymore , I'm broken..so 220 it is..it's mostly pud tho.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm 5'4, weigh 105 pounds, and bench 160. I'm a senior this year and my goal is to beable to bench 200 and weight 120 at the end of the year. I think I can do it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I'm 5'4, weigh 105 pounds, and bench 160. I'm a senior this year and my goal is to beable to bench 200 and weight 120 at the end of the year. I think I can do it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          While we are on it... Why is benching such a benchmark? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It is probably one of the more useless things you can do in a gym...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I have very little body fat, and no amount of eating or sitting on my ass seems to change that!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
            I wish there was a Flip you the bird smilely [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] If I don't work out I can see my ass geting fatter day by day.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              While we are on it... Why is benching such a benchmark? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It is probably one of the more useless things you can do in a gym...

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh I think Benchpress is way overrated but it is still a great multijoint movement taht helps pack on upper body mass. I rarely bench myself I usually dumbell press though.
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

benpressing is alot of work man..

Nothing like seeing your bro throw up 500 lbs like nothing..very impressibe to me..right Travis.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

shit , I thought I was King Kong when I finally broke 300..just to get my ball busted ..spotting my bud doing 495...say what you want..That's fucking STRONG! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I never knew that either, thinking about. Don't ask me why everyone is so into it. I know I kinda am, but I just enjoy lifting. I know my 160 isn't anything to most of you guys, but I'm a small guy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The bench press is the best way to injure your shoulders. A couple of my instructors (at Chiropractic college) say, "bench pressing is great for practice." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Of course they are both Olympic lifters who can barely walk anymore.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I never knew that either, thinking about. Don't ask me why everyone is so into it. I know I kinda am, but I just enjoy lifting. I know my 160 isn't anything to most of you guys, but I'm a small guy!

[/ QUOTE ]

john, anyone who lifts past their body weight is doing something impressive. Hell, I had a hard time benching my body weight when I was in college. My max was like 230lbs when I weighed 205. Two friends that I lifted weights with would warm up with 275 to 300. That'll make you feel like a Nancy pretty damn quick.

Bill, you're right, seeing someone throw around serious weight like it's nothing is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

Hell Yeah Razor..Hey , I'm a tough SOB..but if I had to go head to head with a dude like Travis either I poke him in the eye , in the nuts or hit him with a bat..and that'll just probaly make him mad..hell I'm not gonna wrestle him..Fuck NO!

Sorry Travis..I love ya bro..I'm just using you for an example.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Sheeeeeeeet I been there before..why do you think cops have tazers and pepper spray and shit..fuck that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X