X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Google is bigger than GM

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Google now has a market cap ( all the sharesXprice) five times bigger than GM.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is true, I would get out now.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ] Google is almost twice as "BIG" as Boeing. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Sell Sell Sell, Google won't go away but it is way way overvalued
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

My fellow countrymen developed google, we are very poor, we need money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Stock price is based on future earnings potential. GM is riddled with huge pension costs (more than any other auto maker), poor sales, and declining market share. Google on the other hand has shown that they can make a shitload of money on 'net advertising, and is rapidly expanding into many other online services. The stock price is basically a bet that they'll be turning more and more of these services into cash cows, in addition to expanding their advertising revenue. There have been a lot of Google naysayers since they started (they were after all rather late to the search engine party) but Google has consistently proven them wrong. Could they still be grossly overvalued? Sure... time will tell. But I personally wouldn't start shorting just yet....

Comment

their earning potential is certainly over-inflated, they offer no service whatsoever that is worth customers paying for. Their bubble will burst, just a matter of when.

Also Microsoft and Yahoo are both out to squash google. We all know what happens when MS goes for the juggler, they kill it or buy it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              their earning potential is certainly over-inflated, they offer no service whatsoever that is worth customers paying for. Their bubble will burst, just a matter of when.

Also Microsoft and Yahoo are both out to squash google. We all know what happens when MS goes for the juggler, they kill it or buy it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] MS will "Gargle Google" and spit it out. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

customers already pay big bucks for their adwords service. Google is a hugely profitable company -- you'd be mistaken to confuse Google with a 1999 bubble dot com.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  customers already pay big bucks for their adwords service. Google is a hugely profitable company -- you'd be mistaken to confuse Google with a 1999 bubble dot com.

[/ QUOTE ] I won't. Google actually makes money and it has grown by a factor of 10 Or is a 100?. Now it is a big boy with big numbers. They look for it to earn over $7 in 2006. No company can grow at that rate for too long. It may not be a short now, but I know my charts. (hell, in another life, I used to be a stockbroker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img])

Comment

services aside from ad-revenues. I'm talking about the joe blow user.

We all know relying on ad revenues is business model that fails

No, I am not mistaken Google with any 1999 bubble burst. In due time Goggle will fall unless they find some form of service that users are willing to pay for, gmail aint it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I don't know Shawn. I just started using gmail, and it totally kicks ass. I see a lot of revenue opportunites for it beyond ads. It blows away the Lotus Notes & MS Exchange e-mail systems I have been forced to use at my current employer. I wish there was an enterprise version of GMail I could use instead.

Comment

I am kinda with Shawn on this one. Be very careful investing your hard earned money. Google looks a lot like a bunch on the companies that had their bubble burst in 99 in that all their money is generated from ad revenue from the internet. Their ad revenue consists of a few sponsored links at the top of a search list which is a pay-per-click charge and a few sponsored links on the right. I just don’t see how that is making them that profitable. They aren’t producing a physical good that will hold a certain percentage of it’s value no matter what the market is doing and they don’t have a lot of physical assets (Buildings, machinery, etc) I think as quick as they go up, they can go right back down.

Matt

Comment

I agree with one thing: it's certainly a gamble. But it's one that I've just chosen to bet on in a big way -- I start working there on Monday. Now you see why I have to be optimistic?!

Just in case, I'm hedging by making sure to leave my current employer on good terms!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I agree with one thing: it's certainly a gamble. But it's one that I've just chosen to bet on in a big way -- I start working there on Monday. Now you see why I have to be optimistic?!

Just in case, I'm hedging by making sure to leave my current employer on good terms!

[/ QUOTE ] Just don't bet all your 401K on one horse. "And here comes Google around the turn. It better pay $7.00 to win in '06." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations. How was the interview process? Wudda been nice to get in there before the IPO : [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Just don't bet all your 401K on one horse. "And here comes Google around the turn. It better pay $7.00 to win in '06." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right. All it takes is a stock to miss it's earning estimate by 1 cent and the stock can go in the toilet and sometimes never recover.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X