NYY v. Bosox - this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NYY v. Bosox - this weekend!

problem is we always play like crap against the gayngels.
    BY THE WAY, people on this board owe me $100.00 as they had bet me that the yanks would be 5 games out of first or more by the end of the season. PAY UP, I NEED MY MEDS FOR THE NEXT SERIES.
    thanks you,
    the management
    ROBINSON CANO IS GOD.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

whatta ya say snoop, and superfly, double or nothing that the braves don't make the series?
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Moooooooose! Sorry I couldn't be here this weekend when all the fun took place. Yanks take the division. I was shocked also. My wife made me go inside this "Little White House" place in Key West. A 45 min tour with no cell phones allowed being on, (I was watching the game on cell phone) and it was the top of the 8th innng. I was REALLY [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] interested in the White House tour at that time.

When I came out, I found out the Yanks won..........but, after reading the news, they said the Yanks clinched their 8th straight title (BoSox, 8th straight 2nd place [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).
        I celebrated like a MOFO, but I to didn't understand why, but kind of figured it was head to head.
        Yanks -1 Angels -0
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Cheap way to take a division title my friend ..exact same records ..

I find it humorous tho that Gayrod was preaching about ethics..wasn't he the guy who pansy slapped the ball?
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Now, now Kev. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Fair is fair [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. If it would've went to a one game playoff and the Red Sox beat the Yankees to win the division, it also wouldv'e been unfair cause that means that would've been BoSox 10th victory over the Yanks that season, which, once again, would've tied them in head to head. Slappy's put up the numbers to say what he wants to this year, and when it came down to it (Sat), he was 4 for 5, without slapping any balls, well, except for where they ain't. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

the ethics thing is funny, though, especially coming from a team who has two players linked to steroid use. not saying that it's not all over (some dude on the rangers tested positive today), but it's still kinda funny.

and really, why the hell should the rangers give a rat's ass where the yankees play? i heard some dude on espn mention that ethics thing too, but since it's a completely retarded issue, i didn't pay attention. all the yankees had to do to ensure that home field advantage was something called winning a few more games.

anyway, good times.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yankees just assume they are entitled to it as usual .. if they wanted home foeld advantage here's a clue ..they should have beat the Sox on Sunday
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yankees just assume they are entitled to it as usual .. if they wanted home foeld advantage here's a clue ..they should have beat the Sox on Sunday

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter. We'll celebrate in da Bronx.! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    and really, why the hell should the rangers give a rat's ass where the yankees play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's all bullsh*t anyways. If Buck wanted to take his starters out to give them an ovation,.....his choice. Though Buck is a dick anyway. Always has been.

On the other hand, this was not a big thing. We're already in the playoffs, who gives a rats ass where we play. I guess the ethical thing can be called into play, but not in this instant, but say the ChiSox had put in their batboy in as a pitcher against Cleveland on Saturday, that would've guaranteed a one game playoff against Boston, if Boston wouldv'e lost. From your point of view, that would've been a cheap shot.
                    So, I can see an ethical question and I can see Buck's decision too. But let me reiterate, Buck is a dick, much like Mike Hargrove.

Comment

Buck is a dick, but he was ahead 3-1 when he started brining his guys out. He got fired from the Yanks, evidently hated Arod, so people assume there's something there. I doubt it, personally. But Buck is a dick. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        He got fired from the Yanks

[/ QUOTE ]

For good reason............he was a dick! Oh yeah, he sucked too, as a manager.

But he has the right to do what he wants to do! So far it seems to be working out for us............up 1-0 in Anaheim. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          they should have beat the Sox on Sunday

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.....I'll take the Saturday win over a Sunday win............it was a division clenching win [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X