Question about purchasing a new vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about purchasing a new vehicle

Would an Escape be too small? They have the hybrid Escape available now.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Escape has the same transmission as a Ford Contour, so it has virtually no towing capacity. No matter what a salesman tells you, an Escape is a car hid in an SUV shell. Same thing with a Honda CRV. If you have to tow, get something capable of towing what you need to. Do not take a salesmans word for it being capable. He's going to say anything to make the sale. Having a tow hitch does not mean you have a "tow package" with something capable of hauling/towing what you need.

Comment

A CD4E (contour) trans is an evil entity that must be destroyed! And it's surprisingly easy to do that by merely driving the vehicle! haha... Towing??? OMG...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          A CD4E (contour) trans is an evil entity that must be destroyed! And it's surprisingly easy to do that by merely driving the vehicle! haha... Towing??? OMG...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Suvs are gas eaters, you sure you want to pay 500 bucks a month on gas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I read the post correctly, he says he's going to haul/tow with the vehicle. As for mileage, I've gotten as much as 19.6 mpg and even 15.2 towing my bass boat. With gas prices as high as they are, $500 a month is stretching it a little, don't ya think?
            "POOP"

Comment

Here is what we did. We decided to keep my F-150 and her Elantra and lower the price even further than what we already lowered it. It should sell pretty quickly, and we will be able to come up with the remaining money to clear the title. The dealership was not willing to haggle or work with us at all, so we decided that it would be best to do whatever we could to sell her Stratus....BTW there is a really nice 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT for sale if anyone is interested [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you all for your advice. I am glad we get to keep my truck. I will take some pics of her tomorrow so you can all share my happiness.

I spend around 300 a month is gas on average btw. I try not to drive anywhere if I do not have to, and if I do I try to be careful about the gas knowing it is so expensive. They also added the 37.5 gallon gas tank as an option....
              Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
              The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
              X