so we were discussing the 80's metal highest voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so we were discussing the 80's metal highest voice

My friends and I had a discussion about the highest voice in the 80's. Lets face it, there were some HIGH pitched voices in keys I dont even DARE attempt.

Halford, Vince Neil, Sammy Hagar, TAte, Michael Sweet.

My vote was on Halford, until someone spoke out about a guy from the band Steelheart. Im not sure if you can count them too much into Metal, but he suggested listening "critically" to Angel Eyes by Steelheart.

Wow, I forfeited my vote. This guy takes the cake. The entire song is a journey into the realms of having your balls squeezed in a vice. Theres one point where he overtakes the guitar in highness, it's insane.

Go find that song and have a listen, I had a good laugh trying to imagine even hitting one note in that song!

Re: so we were discussing the 80\'s metal highest voice

Jim Gillette from Nitro had a higher octave range than that guy.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guy from Grim Reaper was pretty squeaky as well.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Jim Gillette from Nitro had a higher octave range than that guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The guy from Steelheart is a fantastic singer. Not familiar with Nitro. Halford would probably rank second among the guys I am familiar with.

Comment

Maybe you should have called the thread, "80's Metal singers we actually have heard of/heard with the highest voice." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Jim does have a higher ovtave than the guy from Steel Heart,Jim trains at a Dojo down here in Miami every now & then great guy friggin huge human being also him & Lita ford pop in every now & then when they're not in either California or the Bahamas. Jim got the octave range over all is my vote But the singer from Steel Heart is a better singer.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

what about Mark Slaughter? that dudes voice can go so high only dogs can hear it.

Comment

I would say Midnight of crimson glory or Warrel Dane of Sanctuary...it doesn't get much higher than Battle Angels..

at least they were "GOOD".. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jim Gillette....yeeshhh.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I thought Warrel Dane was pretty high on Battle Angels! In more ways than one I'm sure! Haha...

Comment

"I thought Warrel Dane was pretty high on Battle Angels! In more ways than one I'm sure! Haha..."

You got that right!!!!

He's a silly , cool motherfucker tho..

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

It wasn't the 80's but Halford's voice near the end of Dreamer Deceiver(Sad Wings) was pretty damn high. Killer Tipton solo, too. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

the guy from steelheart is the one who sang a bunch of the steel dragon tunes in rockstar...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Nothing mentioned is higher than Battle Angels.. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Halford is Barritone compared to that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

FORGEDDABOUDDIT!

I just put the first Nitro / Crimsomy Glory / Sanctuary on right now..

Warrel Dane wins hands downs without a single doubt!!!

PS..Mark Slaughter is not even close and he pees sitting down. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X