Dude! Where's my pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude! Where's my pay?

A quick question for discussion. My employer is not paying me (a salaried worker)for the days we were closed due to a manditory ordered evacuation. Can they do this??? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Most everybody I've talked to who was in the same situation got paid by their employer. They didn't give any compensation for Christmas or New Year last year either due to the fact that they fell on a weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Re: Dude! Where\'s my pay?

I know like my boss is salery and he get's his set 100 hours per 2 week wether he's there more or less. Are you getting you're regular pay??
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Yep they can

My company pays me a salary, but if I miss any time it suddenly becomes hourly.

As far as I know you can do nothing about it.

I did work for a company a few years ago that paid me a salary if was there or not (don't know now why I quit that job)

Comment

Companies such as JC Penneys and BASF are paying their employees. You would think if they didn't have to, they wouldn't. They are so tight in other places that it doesn't make sense unless they were required to do it. I really couldn't give two shits about the money, not for me anyway, I'm fighting the good fight for 11 other employees. A lot of them live paycheck to paycheck. I'm lucky, my wife has a good job. I'm doing a lot of research and calling state agencies on Monday.
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

From what I think I understood cause we are having rotating layoffs of week periods. If you are salaried and are more/less laid off due to any? reason 24 or more hours of a 40hr week, you are entitled to unemployment benefits. Probably varies by state. I had to sacrifice a full week to become eligible, but any week for the next year I work less than 16hrs, I can claim benefits.
          Anyhow, I would bet they are not required to pay you, and the few who do are just honorable enough to 'take care of their own' as the last thing a company wants to do is piss off the people who bring in the $.

Comment

Working...
          X