Any jazz players here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any jazz players here?

Just curious if anyone here is really into jazz?

I've started listening to it over the past year and I've discovered a lot of good, technical playing out there.
    E = Fb

Re: Any jazz players here?

I"m a fan of the bepop guys, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis, Coltrane, Thelonius Monk and Charles MIngus.

mostly because I play trumpet.

Comment

I am.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, I dig alot of the fusion and bepop guys: Montgomery, Pass, Hall, Roberts, Scofield, Stern, DiMeola, McLaughlin and many others. I am also a big fan of Maceo Parker and his brand of Jazz/funk. I can fake some of their stuff but I am far from being a good Jazz player.

Comment

Django was the man, his patterns and arpeggio shapes were VERY VERY weird, I still wonder how could a man with two working fingers (on the left hand) could play more technical stuff than Yngwie.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
          X