recovery from finger injury ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recovery from finger injury ?!?

hey all, just curious if any of you had ever had a finger injury and dealt with it.

Over a year ago, I was in a ball game and I sprained my pinky finger on my fretting hand. To date, it still gets a weird cramp/strain in it, and it certainly affects my playing.

However, it HASNT healed obviously in that year plus timeframe. Im curious if theres anything a guy can take or any remedy that may help. Its starting to go from annoying to a MAJOR P.I.T.A!

Any help / suggestions welcome (before I decide to wait 2 hours so some doctor can look at it and spend 2 mintues prescribing some advice i could likely get on here)

Re: recovery from finger injury ?!?

Just my opinion....
    I would see a massage therapist and seek acupuncture as well. Finger injuries can take some time to heal, definitely. I injured my thumb years ago (also in a ball game) when I was a kid and remember it cramping up for quite some time after. The massage and acupuncture really made a difference.
    That's about all the advice I've got. Goodluck, bro!

-Em

Comment

That's great advice.

As a teenager, I mis-judged the spacing between two trees on my dirtbike at high speed and broke the ring finger on my left hand. Not a real important finger for a guitar player, right? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

That was the summer I learned how to play slide. It's still bent a little. My finger...not the slide. Or the tree.

Comment

put it flat on a table and smack it with a large heavy book several times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I worked in automotive repair for close to ten years. Gettting my knuckles skinned or a finger crushed seemed to be a regular thing. Some hard hits to your fingers and knuckles can cause scar tissue to build in those areas that can result in poor circulation and reduced flexibility. The massage recommendation is great, also talk to a doctor for therapy and exersize recommendations. I used to have a ball of this stuff that was like clay or silly putty and would just work it in my hand for five to ten minutes a day. This really helped me alot.

Comment

Working...
          X