The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

Brodeur was like a matress in front of the net last night...the Pens couldn't get anything past him. He's absolutely amazing.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I think its way too early to determine if the new rules suck or not. What does suck is all the power playes for ticky-tack infringments. It's going to take a while for the players to change their ways. The Stars got something like 12 powerplays and were able to over come being down 0-4 and win 5-4. Teams need to take advantage of that now and get points. I think eventually the players will adjust but man, I hate seeing 20-30 penalties a game, talk about a flow buster.

I certainly don't like the removal of the red line and shootouts but oh'well. I personally thought game was great as it was if they just enforced the rules in the neutral zone.

[/ QUOTE ]bingo. btw, tekky, I hate badminton. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I think its way too early to determine if the new rules suck or not. What does suck is all the power playes for ticky-tack infringments. It's going to take a while for the players to change their ways. The Stars got something like 12 powerplays and were able to over come being down 0-4 and win 5-4. Teams need to take advantage of that now and get points. I think eventually the players will adjust but man, I hate seeing 20-30 penalties a game, talk about a flow buster.

I certainly don't like the removal of the red line and shootouts but oh'well. I personally thought game was great as it was if they just enforced the rules in the neutral zone.

[/ QUOTE ]bingo. btw, tekky, I hate badminton. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you prefer nude senior volleyball?
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Thats just soooo wrong. Thanks for the visual.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

on the stars vs avs last night 10/08. how did the avs get a 7:00 minute major power play? Arnott took the elbow and get his face cut on the glass(very bloody) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] they said Guerin was third man in, but it looked like everyone on the ice was in the scrum. Avs vs Stars II should be a very physical game. Ahhhh! Hockey's back.
            [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Bruins vs. Pens last night was a goal fest. Very exciting game to watch, give the B's credit where it's due for coming back several times from 2 goals down. Tekky, you tuned to the Blackhawks vs. Bluejackets game tonight?

By the way, for anyone that doesn't know, NHL Center Ice is having a free preview of hockey games until Oct. 12. Good time to catch up on a bunch of hockey.

Comment

I caught a game on that package, but when the Blackhawks game came on, it wouldn't go to the channel. (damn that Wirtz!)

I think I'm gonna get that package.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Blackout even on freeview? It was on Fox Sports Ohio also, which is regional coverage for me. So are games in your local coverage blacked out even if it's shown on an out of area network?

Comment

question RE: Center Ice :

is it shown in HDTV? I've been watching the free week all weekend. I'm in love.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Blackout even on freeview? It was on Fox Sports Ohio also, which is regional coverage for me. So are games in your local coverage blacked out even if it's shown on an out of area network?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't put it past Bill Wirtz. He'd block away games if he thought he could get away with it.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't show the game, but the TV would freeze when I tried to go back to the channel. So I just kept it on the movie we were watching.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't put it past Bill Wirtz. He'd block away games if he thought he could get away with it.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't show the game, but the TV would freeze when I tried to go back to the channel. So I just kept it on the movie we were watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probally not enough Taco's in your System. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

got have 4 in ya to watch a blackhawks game, plus 6 molson Canaidans [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I don't have any Molson's in the fridge, I'm still trying to clear out all the microbrew beers that Kristi got me for Christmas. We don't have any Del Taco's here, but there is a Taco Bell (Taco Feline) across the street from Wrigley Field. I think I may have to make a run for the border/bathroom soon.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            question RE: Center Ice :

is it shown in HDTV? I've been watching the free week all weekend. I'm in love.

[/ QUOTE ]

not any that I could find and I subcribe to it off of DirecTV. I did find out that HDnet shows NHL Games in HD, so much better. They had 3 NHL games in HD last week.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

local market games are indeed blacked out. The Stars were for me too, I had to watch them off local FSN or ch 27, can't remember which as the same guys call the game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Let's Go Devils. Martin Brodeur is the MAN!!!!!
                                Screamin' [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X