Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

[ QUOTE ]
    The Bruins are flat out awful- not a shred of character on the team. Thornton demanded big bucks at contract time, but he's nowhere near the dominating player he should be. Not on the ice and especially not in the locker room where a true captain ought to be. Sadly, there is nobody currently on the team with leadership qualities except Leech, who is likely a short-timer. Overall, though, with nary a Cup in over 30 years, you have to wonder why Sinden et al cannot put together a contender. Sad all-around for the Bruins faithful.

[/ QUOTE ]With the new fucked up rules, thornton never will be the dominating player he should be. With the new euro hockey being played, and thornton being a bigger, physical player, he may get 25 goals this year. But it's not likely. On a related note, gary bettman is a fucking idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I'm a Wing fan as have seen all of their games thus far. The Wings aren't as good as their record indicates imho. They have a very good team no doubt but they are soft on the puck in their own zone and turover frequently when a hard forecheck is thrown at them in their own zone. Defensively that is the weak point at this juncture as far as I can tell.

So all you Red Wings haters...if you want to beat them, relentless pursuit of the puck is what you need to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Forecheck the shit out of them and they will hang themselves. Babcock needs to fix that shit.....
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'll tell Yawney and the Blackhawks. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Ive got two swason tickets to the minor league hockey team the Ft Worth Brahmas.I also have center ice.There is plenty of hockey in the Dallas Ft Worth area.Texas Tornado.Brahmas and the Stars.Sometimes i can just afford to stay at home at watch a game on tv...
          "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Sucking pathetically in the third period....it's called Bruins!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]Hell, at least they're limited to one period. I have to watch the Pens suck consistently through all three periods for at least two games out of three. They can't shit-can Thibault fast enough for me. Caron at least had shown the ability to get better over the span of a few games. All Thibault has shown is that he can consistently let in four plus goals per game. If they don't get Fleury up for good soon this season will be all but over. And please, someone make some bonehead trade for Lyle Odelein...I'd rather see Ian Moran back on defense than him skate another shift for the Pens. Yeah, he's that bad. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

oh cut the crap, at least you've all been to the fukkin' playoffs in the last decade. christ!!! 1994 was my year. then we declined real fast for a longtime.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                oh cut the crap, at least you've all been to the fukkin' playoffs in the last decade. christ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an Islander fan Tommy. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

A decade away would've been nice. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'm starting to feel like a Cub fan, or whoever else hasn't won a title in...............upteen years. At least the Cubs had a good season 2 years ago. Last time I remember cheering, Denis Potvin, Bobby Nystrom, Billy Smith and Mike Bossy were around................not anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  The Bruins are flat out awful- not a shred of character on the team. Thornton demanded big bucks at contract time, but he's nowhere near the dominating player he should be. Not on the ice and especially not in the locker room where a true captain ought to be. Sadly, there is nobody currently on the team with leadership qualities except Leech, who is likely a short-timer. Overall, though, with nary a Cup in over 30 years, you have to wonder why Sinden et al cannot put together a contender. Sad all-around for the Bruins faithful.

[/ QUOTE ]With the new fucked up rules, thornton never will be the dominating player he should be. With the new euro hockey being played, and thornton being a bigger, physical player, he may get 25 goals this year. But it's not likely. On a related note, gary bettman is a fucking idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but it was Thornton who pissed and moaned the most, even threatening to retire, if the rules weren't changed to eliminate the clutch/grab and neutral zone trap. He got what he asked for, now he should earn his paycheck.

Comment

as much as I love the pens, when Dick Tarmstrom is the #1 real D (I dont count gonchar), we're in trouble.

I wish we coulda gotten Malkin this year.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but it was Thornton who pissed and moaned the most, even threatening to retire, if the rules weren't changed to eliminate the clutch/grab and neutral zone trap. He got what he asked for, now he should earn his paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]Really? I thought he was just bitching because he didn't make enough money [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I thought it was shanahan and mario who had the most input into the new rules. If thornton was crying about the cluthcing/grabbing, then you're 100% right. Although, with the new interference rules, "earning his paycheck" could mean gettin paid in the penalty box. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

From TSN Molson's That's Hockey interview, 11/12/03:

"The Boston Bruins captain conducted an interview with Gino Reda on TSN's Molson That's Hockey on Monday, during which he said he was considering retirement because of his frustration over the non-penalty calls and the physical beating he's taking from opponents during games.

It's come to a head, and Thornton is sick of it.

Recently, he exploded after a game in Pittsburgh about the on-ice officiating and the Bruins even sent a tape of the infractions against Thornton, and his linemates Mike Knuble and Glen Murray, to the National Hockey League for review.

"It was a tough day for me," the 24-year-old Thornton told TSN. "I look back on it with thoughts that this might be my last year. It's not worth the pain. My back is killing me and things like that. It's just not worth the ordeal."

His back is bothering him - and has been for the last two seasons - but he has no plans on retiring. He said he doesn't want to sound like a whiner; he just wants the game to be called as the rule book states.

"I was just frustrated," he said prior to last night's game about the report. "That's pretty much it, but I'm not going to retire. The boys were kidding me about it, but I've got another, well, you never know with this CBA, but hopefully I'll have quite a long career."

He wasn't really serious, but it was still pretty pathetic.

Comment

If they call the game "by the book", you can pretty much forget about playing defense, or watching 5 on 5 hockey. I was watching the hawks/oilers the other night, hawks had 9(!) penalties in the first period, 4 of which were actually deserved. Honestly, if the new rules continue next year, I am done with hockey. With no hitting, fighting, or physical play, and with 5 seconds of 5 on 5 followed by 20 minutes of powerplays, it is boring as fuck, IMO.

Comment

wow...thornton is a pussy after all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Quit swing the purse -- put the puck in the net or drop the gloves but please....it pains me to see big boys cry....
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I am willing to give the games till the all star break to see what happens with penalties and such. It's still early with all the rule changes.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                If they call the game "by the book", you can pretty much forget about playing defense, or watching 5 on 5 hockey. I was watching the hawks/oilers the other night, hawks had 9(!) penalties in the first period, 4 of which were actually deserved. Honestly, if the new rules continue next year, I am done with hockey. With no hitting, fighting, or physical play, and with 5 seconds of 5 on 5 followed by 20 minutes of powerplays, it is boring as fuck, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

These penalties have been killing us all season. I'd be surprised if we actually played 5 on 5 hockey for more than 5 consecutive minutes during a game this season. However, I'll say this, rule change or not, I'm not going to stop watching the game.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X