The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

Ooohhhh..... I feel like I've been kicked square in the nuts. I can't believe this trade. In my mind, there were two possible scenarios-

1. Trade Hannu/Sammy/draft pick for a character player, give the Captain to either the new player or Leech. Thornton is one of the best players in the league but a crappy captain. Give him space to just play.

2. Trade Thornton in blockbuster fashion for another quality center and a tier-one defenseman.

I can't believe what they got in return for Thornton. Stuart is a quality defenseman and Sturm is decent, Primeau was a throw-in, but the three of them combined do not add up to a franchise player. Boston fans got raped with a dick big enough for an elephant to feel.

My only hope is there's another trade pending for a top center, because there it no longer one on the Bruins. If MOC thinks Zhamnov is going to step in, he's a bigger idiot than even I imagined.

Should be an interesting game tonight.

Comment

I basically agree that the sharks did well here I guess. But as a long time follower of the B's I am not crying in my coffee this morning. The B's did nothing with Thornton for the last 7 years, they can do no worse without him. He played very well for Canada but never had a playoff impact here. I haven't bothered to watch more than a period or two of a couple B's games this year. Both ended the same way, take lead into 3rd. Give up a goal or two in waning minutes, lose in overtime. Very familiar. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Wake me up when they win a playoff series or two. I can't believe people still go to the games. Oh yeah, Hey Jacobs! [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The Sharks have a 10 game losing streak and have the 5th worse record in the nhl so far.The Stars kicked the crap out of them last night alLowing a unexpected goal.Easily could have been a shutout for the Stars i think.Alot of times it takes a trade for a player to improve.Go figure... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        "The cup floats pretty good till you get 2 or 3 people on it"~Vinnie Paul

Comment

wtf.....Thorton hasn't peaked yet as a player and Boston basically gave him away? Bad move. Who the fuck runs things for the B's...Martin LaPoint for lotto money and now this trade? They should have fired the GM or maybe the coacing staff before dumping Thornton for a pair of elbo pads and a helmut...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X