The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2005-2006 NHL Season thread

Who else is a non Penguin fan but is going to tune into them this season... or is it just me?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

You'll be a convert soon [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

As far as the Pens go, I'll tune into some of their games just to see the if the kid is worth the hype. He may become a great player but I've seen Lindros and Thornton who were also a little over-hyped, they became great players but not the next big thing. I can tell you this though, Sid has all the right tools to take it to another level thats for damn sure. Having Mario by his side certainly helps since he lived it and did it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I like Turgeron's qoute of "I'm no Forsberg"...lol...duh he'll get ice time with the avs now tho.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I am interested in seeing how he pans out. Tonight though I will have my damn radio on to listen to the game while the Sox are on.
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Being a huge Pens fan, obviously I hope Sid lives up to the hype, but I think it will be a bit tougher than what Lemieux had to deal with as a rookie. These days the media is so much more prevelant and "in your face" than when Mario started out which I would think puts alot more pressure on the kid. Mario scored a goal with his first shot less than a minute into his first shift. Let's hope Sid can top that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

here's my contribution to the thread:

dallas stars fight song by pantera.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well, I can sum up the Pens loss in three words, Martin fuggin' Brodeur. He's always been one of my favorite goalies to watch, and man did he stone the Pens. Oh well, bring on Carolina Friday night. One of those games where the Pens had the shots and the scoring chances, but they just could not bury the puck past Brodeur. One of the best games I've seen him play against the Pens. Man if he didn't steal the show.

Comment

Here's something OFFICIAL to add... the new rules suck. If you enjoy the nhl allstar game every game, this year should be great. Forget about playing defense. It's fucking ridiculous.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

stars come back... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Went to the Devils/Pens game tonite [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sid looks good.. team needs to gel a little, but overall lots of potential for the pens.

Also have tix for Thurs @ MSG, and Sat @ Nassau for my 2 NY teams [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

big weekend of hockey for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Here's something OFFICIAL to add... the new rules suck. If you enjoy the nhl allstar game every game, this year should be great. Forget about playing defense. It's fucking ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't add anything official. Now go watch soccer, badminton, curling, or fly-fishing. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Well, we just got back from the home opener. It's bittersweet. Glad to have the game back. Glad to have my wife join me in my tradition. (she loved it) Sad to see the Blackhawks lose one. Khabibulin looked alright. He let 5 past him before the game was over. I think the team needs to realize that he can't do it all by himself.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I think its way too early to determine if the new rules suck or not. What does suck is all the power playes for ticky-tack infringments. It's going to take a while for the players to change their ways. The Stars got something like 12 powerplays and were able to over come being down 0-4 and win 5-4. Teams need to take advantage of that now and get points. I think eventually the players will adjust but man, I hate seeing 20-30 penalties a game, talk about a flow buster.

I certainly don't like the removal of the red line and shootouts but oh'well. I personally thought game was great as it was if they just enforced the rules in the neutral zone.
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there's nothing quite like watching shitty defensemen drag the game down to their level by clutching, grabbing, and hooking the true stars of the league. Now we're stuck with letting the true talent shine...that does suck
                            [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Truly good defensmen will now stand out...the hacks will have to learn to really play or go the way of the dinosaur.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I think its way too early to determine if the new rules suck or not. What does suck is all the power playes for ticky-tack infringments. It's going to take a while for the players to change their ways. The Stars got something like 12 powerplays and were able to over come being down 0-4 and win 5-4. Teams need to take advantage of that now and get points. I think eventually the players will adjust but man, I hate seeing 20-30 penalties a game, talk about a flow buster.

I certainly don't like the removal of the red line and shootouts but oh'well. I personally thought game was great as it was if they just enforced the rules in the neutral zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

But where do you start? If you don't enforce it, then the players will get lax in trying to abide by it. Next thing you know, you're never enforcing them. As you said, the players will adjust.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't think scoring is going to go up that much. Modern goaltenders are just that good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X