Queensryche Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensryche Concert

I just recently went on a much needed vacation, and it ended last night.

Last night, I had the good fortune of seeing Queensryche at the Palace Theater in Greensburg PA.

My vacation was great, but in reality, nothing in it is worth talking about, compared to this show.

To start, this place isn't very big. I want to saw the rows had like 12 seats to the central ones, and about 6-8 for the side ones. Then there was the upper balcony. Think of like, a medium size theater you would see a broadway or something on...definately not a huge place.

I was very very close to the stage, in the central row, and it was great! The band started off with their hits through the years (Empire, Another Rainy Night, Jet City Woman, Silent Lucidity, The Lady Wore Black, Sign of the Times, Take Hold of the Flame, walk in the shadows, et cetera.)

There was a brief intermission, which I chose to sit still for, and watched the roadies and shit tear stuff down, and set up another drum set (double kick kit, with loads of toms) then they set up some shit in the middle (chair, table, lamp) and then this guy came out on the stage, and stole this mic from this guy that was saying shit that was coming to town. He started screaming about crap (you thought he was just some shit bag running on stage) and then this doctor came out with a needle...

Que the video... Then you see the cartoon of the nurse, and our hero!!! Then they played Operation mindcrime front to back, with actors, and also had a woman singing (I can never remember her name).

The show was about the best thing to come in awhile for me. I've been going through a lot of stress in my home life, and work place with a job bid (people can be douche bags) and I needed to let go. People around me were suffering as a result of my asshole-antics, and my vacation helped let go. This show, it put me in another freaking place! My mind was so clear watching this.

If you can get a chance, check out this show, you won't be dissapointed. I know that I'll be buying tickets when they tour the new cd (out Feb 06). My 3rd time seeing the band, and this is the smallest place that I saw them in, and let me tell you, it was the best.

Re: Queensryche Concert

I saw the same show a couple weeks ago in St. Paul. It was killer. I really like how they integrated the actors. Can't wait to hear Mindcrime II...
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I went to see them last night at the House Of Blues Cleveland. I am major frigging impressed.

Wilton was playing great, and had killer guitar sound. Anyone know what he used this tour?

I've seen them many times but this show was the most fun I've had in some time and the band was really on the game.

The only thing I could say that wasn't perfect was that Geof was losing his voice a bit towards the end on the higher stuff, but handled it with class and still made the grade. He really is great at what he does I have to admit, and he such a pro it is amazing.

I will add that it would be nice to see Degarmo doing his duties with them. Stone just doesn't dupe the solos like he really should if they are trying to redo that era.

There are just times when I could have nailed parts he changed and that really alters the songs IMO. I'll figure he just changes them to be "him" and probably 'could" play them, but he really should duplicate the solos considering the situation and all. I think I noticed Tate raising an eyebrow a few times at him, hehe... Especially during the slide parts on Silent Lucidity... I suck at slide, so I can't say much either.

I got in for free but feel it would TRULY have been worth $45 a head retrospect.

Go see them!

Comment

Saw them a couple weeks ago here in des moines. It was totally awesome. I never got to see the original tour from years back. they came through twice back then but i was in the field the first time and in iraq the second. I was not disappointed. It was so great to see. I only wish degarmo was with them.

Comment

Working...
        X